facebook

my experience and the truth about aphi

by: Me

I normally would never come on this website because I hate the concept of it but if any PNM’s are lurking I thought I’d share my experience to warn freshman. I was in Alpha Phi for two years. I prefed Aphi and Tridelt and I was SO excited when I got aphi on bid day. I quickly realized the sorority was completely different than the vibe I got during recruitment. They only let their most beautiful people talk during recruitment and hide everyone else. Everything was about photoshoots, looking pretty 24/7 (and getting judged if I didn’t) and desperately trying to be the best sorority on campus (to a pathetic extent). Girls drop left and right and it got to a point where I didn’t even know half my pledge class because they were getting replaced with COB’s. I stuck it out for two years because I liked the idea of being in a sorority and I was hoping it would get better (it never did). My friends and I all decided to drop this year because we had enough. Aphi is a good chapter if you’re interested in things like being Instagram famous and judging other people for their appearances. I’m not saying no one should join Aphi or that everyone in the chapter hates it, but I wanted to warn people that will get fooled by their recruitment like I did when I could’ve potentially found a house I ended up enjoying. That’s all from me.

Posted By: Me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Ok   

Are you kidding me?? Everyone knows Theta does the exact same thing during recruitment and hides most of their girls in the basement during rush so don’t act like Alpha Phi is the only one who does this! Theta is the same as Alpha Phi now focused on instagram girls at least with TriDelt ADPi and ChiO you get to see the real chapter during recruitment...smh

By: Ok
#2  by: Every sorority   

you’re describing my experience at theta 100%

By: Every sorority
#3  by: Faaaake.    

I was an aphi and can second this!!! Every. Single. Meeting. Was about becoming “top tier”. All they care about is being better than theta, it’s pathetic. We got fined $50-100 for missing a photoshoot ??? And no one even likes each other. I’d say about half of the 2016 pledge class dropped and there are barely any seniors left lololol

By: Faaaake.
by: ??Aug 24, 2019 1:43:15 AM

this isnt true?? alpha phi is all inclusive so they dont fine for ANYTHING bc they cant.

By: ??
#4  by: kentuckygirl   

I have friends that are alpha phis and I can say that this is 100% not true. This sounds like someone trying to stir the pot the night before recruitment, smh. Don't believe the stuff you see on this website, go through recruitment with an open mind and trust the process!!!!

By: kentuckygirl
#5  by: Go away mean Thetas    

Guarantee an Alpha Phi did not write this. This post has Theta written all over it. Go spend time with your sisters and let girls enjoy rush! Alpha Phis are awesome and so are TriDelts ADPis and all the other chapters who like each other and encourage other chapters in our Greek community!

By: Go away mean Thetas
by: Faaaake. Aug 25, 2018 9:47:11 AM

No I was 100% an aphi and wrote this lol. The fakeness of the sorority is cringey

By: Faaaake.
#6  by: Truth   

I can second this post. Was an Aphi and dropped before initiation rerushed for genuineness and now I’m in a sorority I ADORE. Look past the sparkle they put on during recruitment or at the very least be VERY critical of it. An open mind doesn’t have to be an ignorant mind

By: Truth
#7  by: Yeahhhh   

Okay, but change every "APhi" to "AXO" and it's the exact same story.

My pledge class was like 80+ girls, now its like 25

By: Yeahhhh
by: UhhhAug 25, 2018 10:35:09 PM

AXO is because they were new and getting their footing... APhi is because they are straight up trolls there is a difference

By: Uhhh
#8  by: TRUTH   

I feel you. My exact experience with Theta and I was so disappointed with how it turned out.

By: TRUTH
#9  by: Kallypnm   

Ouch!

By: Kallypnm
#10  by: TRUTH   

I couldn’t agree with this more. I prefed Aphi and my chapter and was completely torn because their recruitment is SOOOOOO misleading. I ended up choosing the other chapter and thank god I did. All my aphi friends have dropped because their dues are through the roof and then they charge you for even more stuff. The amount they COB is actually ridiculous

By: TRUTH

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.