facebook

grades

by: Worried Rusher

Hi, can someone pls tell me if its a good idea to send a letter to the houses about grades? I am worried about my GPA and am not sure if its a good idea or not to let me know why my grades are so low or should I just not worry about it?

Posted By: Worried Rusher
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

If you have a super valid reason it’s worth a shot. It depends on each chapter but the only thing I can imagine being a valid excuse for a bad gpa is you being sick for an extended amount of time or something along those lines. There are also a lot of chapters known for taking grade risks (below a 3.0) like axo, Phi mu, aopi and aphi (I’ve heard of aphi taking WAY below grade requirements for pretty girls) so you still have a chance of getting into a sorority even without a letter, but recruitment will be harder for you.

By: Hi
#2  by: Might as well try   

Just send the letter. It can’t hurt

By: Might as well try
#3  by: wondering   

What’s considered a low gpa going through rush that will get you cut from the majority of the chapters?

By: wondering
by: aMar 6, 2019 2:25:20 PM

3.3 or below

By: a
#4  by: councel   

Hi there!!!!!! As a person who has gone through recruitment at the University of Kentucky I would highly recommend going through the recruitment process! We have 14 sororities here on campus and surely you can find the right fit for YOU! Each summer we post a Panhellenic Recruitment Guide on our website. Although some sororities set their gpa higher than what’s listed on the guide, not all do. If you take note of the minimum required high school gpa and meet those requirements you will NOT get released from recruitment OR cut from ALL sororities so do not worry about that hendering your experience or our decisions when making cuts. Good luck!!!

By: councel
#5  by: Hi   

My advice is to wait and see what happens during rush. If you’re worried about it, bring it up and explain it to the girl talking to you. It’s essier to let things slide (potentially) if they have a face to face personal connection with you. Just make sure you have a legit reason.

By: Hi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.