facebook

sorority recruitment experience

by:    

What should I expect during sorority recruitment? What was your experience like?

Posted By: Hi
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Disappointment and regret

By: :(
#2by:    

No I wouldn’t say disappointment and regret, if you do it correctly and don’t go in with preconceived notions, you will find the perfect sorority for you. Trust the system! However it is straining having to be “on” all day long talking to people you’ve never met about the same things

By: ope
#3by:    

It’s the fakest process ever. The girls you are speaking to in the houses have to act fake and all smiley and happy when the last place they want to be in is at recruitment. You feel pressured to sit up straight and smile the whole time. Overall everyone is fake so you don’t actually end up where you belong Because you can’t tell the differences

By: Fake

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: :(   

This ^

If I had paid more attention to this website or recruitment hadn't been so fake or I'd waited until sophomore year, I wouldn't have ended up in the terrible sorority I dropped last semester

By: :(
by: She’s right   

The whole thing is rigged. You think we make you all stand outside our doors in number order for fun? Girl, we know you and all your interests and what high school you went too, and your GPA before you step through that door. If you’re important and we kinda may want you then we take you upstairs into a quieter room to chat instead of in the loud living rooms. You are matched with a girl that has similar interests. The whole thing is planned and calculated accordingly.

By: She’s right
#4by:    

Trust the system as your Gamma Chi/Rush Counselor leads ypu through it. List the houses each day according to where you feel most comfortable. Ignore the "tier" nonsense and lists "ranking" houses. These are very subjective.

But recruitment CAN be painful. I know a very shy young woman who was dropped by all but 5 houses after first round, though she's quite beautiful, had a 3.9 hihh school GPA with many activities. One house that dropped her had received 3 refs on her! Fortunately, she ended up in the house she liked best from the start.

By: Kentucky

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.