facebook

transfer questions

by:    

I was in a sorority at my old school but we got kicked off campus a few days after I was initiated.

I'm transferring to UK in the fall and want to re-rush to honestly get that experience that I didn't get. I'll be technically a junior but depending on classes transferring I'll probably end up being a sophomore again. Would sororities actually consider me even if I would be a junior? If I have a few family friends who were in sororities at UK write me letters of rec, would that increase my chances of possibly getting into sororities since I am older? Should I stay in my sorority even though I've lost the love for my chapter as a whole and don't have the connection I did with it when I first rushed?

I want to be involved in greek life I'm just not sure what the best way to go about it is.

Posted By: 1234
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you get permission to rush agian I think you should rush! I don’t think it will hurt you if you say you’re a sophomore!!

By: Sanyo
#2by:    

I think you would be fine to rush as a sophomore. The recs will help a little but sororities here care more about your conversations with them! It depends on what your old sorority was and how it was at your school and here that determines whether or not you should re-rush or transfer.

By: hi
#3by:    

Does the sorority you initiated into not have a chapter at UK?

If you are initiated into a sorority already you can't join another sorority. You will have to disaffiliate your old sorority first. I believe there is a formal process for this.

By: Dean Wormer

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

If your initiated sorority belongs to the NPC, then you are forever bound to that NPC group and you may not join any other NPC sorority for any reason under any circumstances.

If your NPC sorority chapter closed and you were permanently dismissed from that NPC sorority (despite being initiated for less than a week), you may not join any other NPC sorority.

By: ask yourself...
#5by:    

Bump

By: Jksfs

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.