facebook

questions from a pnm

by: hiimanonymous

Hi! I know people post some fake stuff on here sometimes but I want to know some stuff so I can be prepared in the fall! How are the housing arrangements in each house, like who has the best house, do you have to share a room with a bunch of people or just one or are you alone? Which sororities have the most commitments? And my boyfriend isn’t gonna be in a frat is everyone gonna like hate me for that or something?? Idk I’m just kinda curious.
Thx .X

Posted By: hiimanonymous
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: House   

Hey!! I rushed and dropped last year, so don't feel like you have to rush because I still have a ton of friends. But I think the best house is Phi Mu or Aphi. I think you share a room w 1 or 2 people in every house. All sororities have a lot of commitments, the one I wanted was too much for me. LOL your boyfriend and you will be fine and it doesn't matter if he is in a frat or not, but he can't go to many parties.

By: House
#2  by: house?   

You're rushing based off of a house??

By: house?
by: hiimanonymousMar 2, 2018 8:56:15 PM

Did I say that? No. I’m just curious about it. Literally could not care less how many or how little people I’m living withZ thanks for the pointless comment though!

By: hiimanonymous
#3  by: prepped   

Well, you don't need to be prepared for living in a sorority house in the fall because you're not going to be doing that. You do need to be prepared for recruitment. First things first.

By: prepped
#4  by: better to know now   

The 'best' house is always subjective. Your 'best' choice will become clear to you as you progress thru formal recruitment.

Never say anything negative about any home or sorority member to anyone, as sorority women talk and your gossip will hurt your chance to belong.

Speak kindly toward, and work earnestly with, your fellow students as you progress in your sorority options.

By: better to know now
by: hiimanonMar 21, 2018 3:20:17 PM

I appreciate this reply :-) it is nice to read an obviously genuine message for someone. Thank you! By best house I guess I mean like all together how is living in each house like is it hard to study in some, are some cleaner and more organized than others? I don’t really care either way I’m just excited to live with my sisters but I’m just excited and looking for some insight :-)

By: hiimanon
#5  by: #5   

Living in house is a great experience but I wouldn’t base what sorority you want to be in because of that. My sorority has a smaller house but I still love it! Every house is basically the same with organization and cleanness because each house has a cleaning lady! Every sorority has a lot of commitments so if you don’t want commitment a sorority probably isn’t the best option for you! You’ll know where you want to be after recruitment so don’t come in with assumptions, have an open mind (:

By: #5
#6  by: umm   

Honestly, all of the houses are relatively nice. In some, you have more roommates than others, and some houses are definitely newer than others.

Chances are, that when you find your home, you will LOVE the house that comes with it, regardless of what other people think of your house. But it will still be home, and that's what makes it special.

And if you do decide to live there in later years, and find you can't study, almost all of the houses are semi-close to the library.

By: umm
#7  by: #7   

definitely don’t base your choice off of how “nice” or new a house is - i know girls who did that and ended up dropping because it wasn’t the chapter that was best suited for them. some sororities will have newer houses (phi mu, aphi, axo, kappa) while some will be building new houses soon (theta, dz) and some will be renovated (kd, agd) so “niceness” isn’t something that should be at the front of your mind during rush. some girls opt to live in their chapter’s house for various reasons, but don’t make the stereotypical living-in-a-sorority-house belief be your #1 reason to join a sorority. whichever chapter you decide to join will have lots of commitment, which you can always ask about during rush since that’s the best time to figure out if going greek is really the right thing for you. and having a boyfriend who isn’t greek is totally fine since there are countless girls and guys here dating someone who isn’t greek, guys just can’t get into parties if they aren’t in that frat so don’t expect to go out with him every Thursday through Saturday but in the end that’s fine since parties are more of a freshman/first semester of college thing anyways. i hope this helped and happy rushing

By: #7

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.