facebook

released

by:    

So none of the chapters wanted me back. How am I supposed to feel? I went through recruitment to feel included and now I feel more excluded than ever.

Posted By: anon
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I'm sure you're feeling all sorts of negative emotions, which is completely understandable. Please don't let it ruin your college experience. There are many ways to get involved and be included on campus without being in Greek life. Keep an open mind and remember that there are always snap bids(which I know one chapter almost always gives out) and COB!

By: Cat

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

I'm so sorry - it does happen that sometimes it just doesn't work out. Try COB or try rushing again in the spring! Sometimes formal recruitment is really overwhelming for some people and they do so much better in the more informal settings of COB or spring recruitment. Or there are a ton of other clubs to join at UK! You'll find your place. I promise!

By: It's OK!
#3by:    

It's often a cruel process and great people get lost. Really great people as not everyone is built for rush. I'd go the informal route and not just accept the result. It happened to me too and I found an awesome place, although it was hurtful at first I'm happy where it ended.

By: 123
#4by:    

By: Kentucky
#5by:    

amma Phi Beta, a strong national, will be recruiting NOW. New colony. Contact the Panhel office. Being in a new colony can be exciting. But also register for COB. Best of luck!

By: KentuckyG
by: Incorrect   

I don't know how the f you are but you're obviously not involved in greek life. Gamma Phi Beta national declined to come to uk.

By: Incorrect
by: Hey   

GPhiB won't be here til next year, but definitely contact Panhellenic about COB! Sometimes girls just don't find a place in formal recruitment, but COB can give them a chance to shine and show their true personality!

By: Hey
by: ^   

There's also Kappa Beta Gamma, a non-NPC national sorority.

By: ^
by: yes   

It is best to sign up for both COB and the new colony, as no colony is forced to take anyone who does not live-up to their particular sorority's standards and values.

By: yes
#6by:    

It WAS on GFB's national website.

By: Kentucky
by: ???   

Two weeks ago Gamma Phi Beta listed they WERE coming to campus this Fall, now they no longer list a Kentucky colony on their official website. Are they allowing our newer and smaller chapters additional time to grow? Is there a housing issue GPhiB has bumped into, requiring an additional years wait for their colony?

By: ???
#7by:    

Please keep your head up. Recruitment is the most artificial process. You spend 30 minutes in a house talking to 3-8 girls, it's not indicative of the real world. Some people are overwhelmed by the process and some do better in a more informal process. Re-group and decide if COB is for you. If you are interested let Panhellenic know, maybe they can tell you which chapter are below campus total and will need to COB. Whatever you decide, good luck and enjoy college life! :)

By: sorry
#8by:    

There’s definitely other options to make you feel included! Check out Spring rush for COB or other smaller sororities like Sigma Alpha. There’s tons of options for you. Keep your head up!

By: Greek Life

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.