facebook

if you have questions ask!!

by:    

There seems to be alot of girls on here so if you are a PNM and have any questions ask away! And someone will answer!

Posted By: Recruitment
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

how does finding out your schedule for each day work?? Do you meet with your Gamma Chi first & they give you a schedule or what? And if all of the houses dropped you do they just not give you one or how do you find that out?

By: recruitment week
by: Recruitment   

Your gamma chi will bring your schedule to your room each morning! So you have to be dressed and ready first thing. This schedule will be for the round. For example, philanthropy is two days so you will have both days schedule on Wednesday. And if all of the houses were to drop you, your gamma chi would come and tell you. However, as long as you maximize your options this is very unlikely.

By: Recruitment
#2by:    

Keep in mind this is anonymous and there are no dumb questions!!

By: A
#3by:    

Guy coming to UK from Florida. Interested in joining a frat. Is it better to rush as a Freshman or wait until Sophomore year when I know more people and more about the different fraternities?

By: JPD

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Frat   

That is definitely a personal decision however I would suggest rushing as a freshman! Especially since you are coming from out of state, joining a frat will allow you to make so many friends. Rush is a week long process in which you get to visit with the frats you choose, if you don't know alot about any of them I would suggest trying to visit them all. Most of the time you'll know pretty quickly if you like a frat or not. Keep in mind a couple of the fraternity's are major/interest based.

By: Frat
#4by:    

How does bid day work with finding out which sorority you are in, etc? And how likely is it that you get one of your top choices assuming you have good conversations and what not?

By: 123

At 5 o'clock on Sunday you will go to the Panhellenic pledging ceremony (If something were to happen and you did not receive a bid, your gamma chi would have already told you. This means you would not attend the pledging ceremony.) At the ceremony, theres just a few speeches and you find out what sorority your gamma chi is in! Around 6, your gamma chi will pass out the envelopes with your bid card inside. Then everyone will open them! You will then gather in Memorial with your new sorority!
My best advice to getting one of your top choices is to maximize your options!! Please do not suicide bid it is the absolute worst thing you can do. This means after preference you rank both the sororities you attended (1 and 2). Suicide bidding is just marking down one. I personally did not like the second sorority I preferenced but I still marked it as my second choice and recieved a bid to my top house!! However, another girl in my gamma chi group only marked once choice (because she was convinced she had a bid) and on bid day she did not receive a bid.
As far as good conversations go, this is a mutual selection process. The sororities are ranking you the same way you rank them. But as long as you make connections and continue being invited back, you stand a good chance at getting your top house!

#5by:    

What happens on bid day? Like after you receive a bid and you run home to your house what happens? Also I know in the past it was required you wear a white dress on bid day, will we still need one for that day for later on?

By: Bid day

After you open your bid card, you will gather with your new sorority within memorial. There you will sign a pledge card. And afterwards will go to you new house! Bid day celebrations will include alot of pictures and food! Your bid day buddy will be with you all day and help introduce you to other girls in your chapter! (This also includes alot of new insta followers.) My chapter has a bonding thing with just the new pledge class that night!

Yes you should bring a white dress!! Most of the chapters require white dresses for the pledging ceremony. This is more than likely to occur the night of bid day or the next morning.

#6by:    

I know for sorority rush you can get asked back to a certain number of houses for each round. If you rank all the houses, how likely is it that you will get asked back to the max number each time??

By: A

Even if you rank all of the sororities, (which you absolutely need to do!!) the likelihood of going back to the maximum number is slim. I think sometimes they forget to mention this and girls worry over it. For example, you can be invited back to up to ten houses for philanthropy round. Majority of girls will be invited back to 7/8. Please do not stress out if you are not invited back to ten!! There will be girls in your gamma chi who are invited back to ten, and those you are only invited back to four. Keep in mind this is a mutual selection process. And in this case, the sororities ranking matter more than yours until preference. So don't stress!!! Just focus on your conversations and connections!
Think about it this way, would you rather be invited back to ten houses, half of which you hate, or 7/8 with only a couple you hate. Also keep in mind that your opinions of the houses will change throughout the week!!

#7by:    

If you're rushing as a sophomore returning or transfer student do sororities look more at your high school GPA or college GPA? Will a sorority drop you if you're barely one point under the min GPA for high school but you're above their min for college?

By: Gpa

The will probably look at your high school gpa but your college gpa is what will matter more! So you should be fine!

#8by:    

How much of an emphasis is put on GPA when rushing (sororities) freshman year? Is a GPA over 4.5 helpful?

By: EasyA
by: recruitment    

Sororities only accept unweighted GPAs! All sororities definitely take GPA into consideration because most of them have a minimum GPA requirement and will cut girls who are below that requirement the first day.

By: recruitment
by: !   

with a gpa like that, dont worry at all

By: !

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.