facebook

pnms read this

by:    

Hi PNMs! Hope you all are getting hype about recruitment. Just wanted to give a little advice so you hopefully don't make the same mistake that myself and many others have made in the past. I know it seems important to you to get into a "top" house because it will make you feel good or maybe even cool... but coming from someone that is in a top house and has many other friends in other top houses.... don't do it. I wish I would have joined a middle tier sorority. Top houses literally only manipulate your feelings and have many sneaky techniques to get you to choose their house during recruitment that you won't know about until you to fall for their act. But the second you are initiated in and stuck in that sorority forever, they all stop caring about your existence and go right back to trying to win EVERYTHING (ex, Greek sing, stomp, homecoming, etc). That is literally ALL they are going to care about. Middle houses still try but it doesn't engulf their lives. They have an actual sisterhood and care about one another, which I am so saddened that I missed out on. All those videos you all just watched for their promotional videos? All staged or planned for the PNMs. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would actually listen to my heart, and open up my eyes to the fakeness during recruitment and would have gone in a totally different direction where I would've hopefully been happy. If you don't listen to this then you will look forward to the same future as me

Posted By: Active
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

literally the people I talked to during recruitment didn't even remember who I was a week after bid day. My "sisters" always talk terribly mean about other sororities and even our own sisters. This sounds bad but to keep it 100, they will only want you for your looks, grades, and involvement in order to keep them looking good. Nothing else. They don't care about giving you connections or friendships or a healthy sisterhood. Just reputation.

By: Active
#2by:    

Middle tier houses mean less time and pressure spent trying to be perfect. Less caring about what others think and more focusing on building those essential friendships and building each other up, which is the whole point of a sorority. That's why middle of lower houses would be so much better if you're looking for a good sorority experience

By: Active

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.