facebook

Sorority Rec Letters?

by: Mae

For rush, do I need recs for each sorority? If so, how many? Where do I have the recs sent for each chapter, or will my recommenders know?

I'm not sure I can get recs for KD & AEPhi because my family doesn't know anyone who has been in those sororities.

I'd appreciate any general advice, too. Thanks!

Posted By: Mae
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hi   

While you can technically send in letters of rec, you don’t really need them to rush, and you can still get into a good house without them. I think Aephi accepts a majority of girls interested and KD accepts almost everyone, so I especially don’t think it’s necessary for those houses. I rushed last year and I don’t think me or any of my friends did rec letters, and we still got into the houses we liked. While rush is still a week-long thing, it’s a lot more chill than schools like Alabama.

By: Hi
by: MaeAug 23, 2023 11:51:29 AM

Thanks!

By: Mae
by: CharOct 15, 2023 1:21:59 PM

If you really feel you need recs you can contact the alum chapter where you live or here in St. Louis and they may have someone to meet you and then recommend. I’m a sorority alum and did that last year for several girls.

By: Char

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.