facebook

questions about cob?

by:    

I am really interested in joining a sorority, I'm a freshman and I signed up for COB a couple months ago. I've got asked by a few houses but none of the good ones, do they normally wait until winter or spring quarter? Is there anything I could do to get them to message me to meet up? And any tips for when I do get asked to visit a house? I also did formal fall but things did not end up working out in the end so does that give me a disadvantage. I just really want to be part of a good house so please help.

Posted By: wwwww
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Do not judge a house by this website...

By: Honest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

Not all of the houses do COB, so if you weren't invited to visit "good houses" it's probably because they met quota and are full (not saying a house is "bad" for doing COB either.) Hopefully you can get to know girls on a more personal level less since it's less formal, but honestly you can't be that picky.... you kinda get what you get at this point. Or I guess you could just wait until fall and go through formal again.

By: truth
#3by:    

If you're rushing to be part of a "top tier" house, i suggest you forget it. Find a house you know you can be comfortable in, after all you're living with them for the next couple years and I would hate for you to choose a house based on the "ratings" on this site. There were so many "good" houses that I liked and got called back, but i honestly can't see myself living with those girls and would probably drop the house if I did get in. So think about that. There's a reason why recruitment leaders tell you to forget about the stereotypes you hear.

By: seriously
#4by:    

Honestly the house I'm in now during recruitment I disliked and then once I got my bid and met everyone I literally couldn't be happier, everyone is so genuine. I'm not in the stereotypical "good" house but they make me a better person so that's a good house for me

By: Agreed
#5by:    

really don't judge a house by the site. you aren't judged for where you're from, you're judged on you. find a house that you feel comfortable with and get along with the house, and I suggest staying away from this site during the process.
best of luck!

By: anon

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.