facebook

sorority formal rush as a sophomore?

by: idek

I really liked the idea of having a sisterhood so I went through COB this quarter with a few houses and didn't really click with any of them. I was wondering -
1) Is it worth it to go through formal rush as a sophomore?
2) Are the chances lower of being offered a bid? (won't they prefer freshmen)
3) Will the fact that I did COB at some houses be a disadvantage by any chance?

Posted By: idek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: bees   

yea I think they prefer freshmen

By: bees
#2  by: vibes97   

I'm not in one but I know people who have rushed as sophomores and had good experiences!

By: vibes97
#3  by: !   

hey so you can definitely rush as a sophomore, idk about all houses but most houses i talk to think of freshmen and sophomores pretty equally. I think it’s definitely worth it to at least try it out, and I don’t think overall that having COB’ed before will be a big deal if you weren’t like, an awful person to the girls you spoke to. Good luck finding a house that fits you!

By: !
by: idekMar 19, 2018 1:33:30 AM

But won't it kind of be like taking a position that could've gone to a freshman? Won't sororities not want that?

By: idek
#4  by: Take it from me   

I rushed as a sophomore and ended up in a top ranked house and there’s also a handful of sophomores in my pc, also keep in mind they have a quota rule so because of that they are obliged to take on some sophomores. Also being a COB is really awkward cause you join the pc after they’ve all had months of significant bonding so it’s really weird to suddenly adjust to new girls in your pc that you know nothing about after months of growing so close. I would recommend formal rush over COBing especially if you didn’t form a close bond with any of the houses.

By: Take it from me

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.