facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Tennessee at Knoxville - UTK General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 46
#41  by: Er   

I'm not in a sorority but...some houses are just seen as "hotter" than others. That's just the way it is. I admit, some of the comments are uncalled and out of line but...as I said, some sororitys (and the same applies to the frats as well) have a better reputation than others, and are seen as more desirable than others. That's just the way it. Does it suck? Yes. Also, I doubt this website really influences anybody. And there really is no way ok knowing who is making these posts. Could be somebody in the sorority, could be somebody who isn't. Of course, some of the comments I've seen attacking the "hot" sororitys are just as bad as some of the ones attacking the "not hot" sororitys.

By: Er
#42  by: define   

socially awkward since you top tiers cant seem to describe the low tiers in any other manner

By: define
#43  by: honestly   

which sororitys are top tier, middle tier, and lower tier?

By: honestly
#44  by: @ honestly   

1) Tri Delt / KD
2) XO
3) AOPi
4) ADpi / Phi Mu
5) Everybody else

By: @ honestly
#45  by: try again   

1)AOPi
2)Phi Mu/Tri Delt
3)ADPi/Chi O
4)KD
5)everyone else

By: try again
#46  by: It's UT   

none of this matters.

By: It's UT
#47  by: Honestly   

I went through rush and ended up not pledging.I am from out of state, and the so called "top" houses were very closed minded to out of state girls unless they were legacies. The "middle" and "lower" tier houses were far more welcoming. I felt like certain houses only pleged in state girls and some from only certain counties.

By: Honestly
#48  by: Ditto   

to the message below. A lot of the top houses wouldn't even give my out of state friends or me the time of day unless we were legacies. I was not impressed with many of them... not welcoming at all, I don't care what they say.

By: Ditto
#49  by: the truth   

To Honestly, i am also out of state and ended up dropping out before recruitment was even over because i felt like all the "top" tier houses didnt want out of state girls. It makes it so much harder for us and just makes their houses look bad and closed minded. Even with great recs, it seemed like they still only wanted in-state or you had to be a legacy. Not my thing.

By: the truth
#50  by: To   

the truth...you are so right. but maybe they are only "Top" tier in their minds. I am an out of stater, and I agree with you 100%. I stuck with rush. I found one of the so called "upper" middle tier houses to be full of great girls who welcomed out of staters. They are involved and beautiful! I hope to get a bid because I would be thrilled to call those girls my sisters. I was so not impressed with the "top" tier houses. They were not interested in diversity. There are a lot of great out of state girls...their loss!

By: To

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.