facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Tennessee - UT General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 11
#21  by: Watcher   

Potential rushees... read all of this with a grain of salt. Find the group that fits you best. Going greek is fun, regardless of which sorority you pick. There are top tiers, but that doesn't mean that non-top tier wouldn't be fun, fulfilling, and give you friends for life. Regardless of which sorority you pledge, going greek means learning to work with other women, balancing priorities, and meeting lots of new people. It's all good. Go Greek!

By: Watcher
#22  by: sororitychick   

ok you cannot completely re-rank sororities off of one year of rush..
top tier is still
aopi
adpi
tri-delt
chi-o

upper middle
phi mu
kd
dz

lower middle
kkg
achio
zta

bottom
dg
pi phi
ek

By: sororitychick
#23  by: whatever   

these sites are so stupid.. its just girls from other sororities getting on here to vote for themselves or to bash other ones.. the greek system at UT would seriously laugh at this completely wrong ranking system.. the post below me has it right

By: whatever
#24  by: Watcher   

Sorority Girl.. I agree for the most part, but I think that instead of their being four top sororities.. there is now a strong top six:

Adpi
Aopi
Chi O
KD
Phi Mu
Tri Delta

This is because all those six were vying for the same girls. Rush is so big at UT the past five years, you cannot say there are just four top sororities. If you look at the demographics, all equally pull from Nashville, Knoxville, and Memphis. KKG is a close 7th. UTK is getting close to being like an Ole Miss or Alabama in the Greek World.

UT has a great greek system,and I agree that a non 'top tier' is still an awesome sorority experience.

Look at other schools, UT's site is mild!!!!

I think at UT, the greeks all really stick together, and rivalries are minimal at best. A lot of this stuff is written by folks outside the greek system (wannabe's) just trying to stir things up.

By: Watcher
#25  by: rebelyell   

Why are DZ and Pi Phi even near the top on this ranking? I looked at the first five and thought .. yeah those are top tier. Scoot Chi O and KKG ahead of them, and there's your top seven at UT. Hard to rank them, because they are all good for different reasons. My favs are Tri Delta, Phi Mu, KKG, and Chi O.

By: rebelyell
#26  by: volgirl   

Sorority girl - I agree with your list.
aopi, adpi, chio. tri delt are still top tier. All still preffing for the top girls.
phi mu, kd, top of the middle, compete with each other for girls and pick up some who don't get high enough on the big 4 bid lists.
dz, kkg, axo, zta lower middle compete among themselves and get girls low on kd and phi mu bid lists.
The others- compete among themselves for the rest.
As UT becomes more selective and the student body quality improves, there are more big resume, top ten smart girls to go around, and everybody is benefitting.

By: volgirl
#27  by: OMG   

Volgirl.. you are so wrong... Phi Mu and KD got the girls that your 'top 4' wish they could have had, and they all know it...

By: OMG
#28  by: Kegger   

If you are looking for:

Looks: Phi Mu and AOPi
Party: KKG and KD
Snobs: Tri Delt and Chi O
Brains: ADPi

I speak the truth!

By: Kegger
#29  by: me   

ok i think that some people have it wrong on here. i went through rush this year and i saw the showing that each sorority gave and the girls who chose which sorority, and this is my ranking.
Phi Mu & Tri Delt
AOPi & Chi O
ADPi & KD
DZ, Kappa, Zeta
DG
AXO&Pi Phi
Sigma Kappa

so here's the thing. sigma kappa had a really weird rush, and many of the girls that i see around seem really strange, but i have also seen some pretty/nice girls. so they could be moving up once the weird upperclassmen graduate.

By: me
#30  by: me too   

I went through rush too and I see it differently.
AOPi, ADPi, Tri Delt-top
Phi Mu, Chi O, Kappa, KD, Pi Phi, AXO-mid
DZ, Zeta, DG, SK-bottom

By: me too

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.