facebook

5 utk sororities that are most popular nationally

by: the truth

Alpha Delta Pi
Delta Delta Delta
Delta Gamma
Chi Omega
Zeta Tau Alpha

if you are rushing and want a sorority with strong alumni connections and a prominent reputation across the country during and after your college experience, i would highly recommend looking into one of these 5…

Posted By: the truth
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: smart   

This is a good point. Many go though rush forgetting they are joining a national organization. Look into all of the sororities because they each offer something unique. AOii has the largest number of chapters; Chi O most members initiated; ADPi is the oldest; Tri Delt's fundraising is amazing. All the chapters at UT are pretty well known nationally, so I dont think that should be a huge concern on not joining a strong national org, but each has its own nationals vibe and values that you need to explore to see which interests you

By: smart
#2  by: sorority   

Every sorority at utk has amazing connections! Every sorority at utk is very highly respected national organizations and every sorority has amazing alumni boards and connections!! It does not matter if your sorority is in a top five ranked national sorority it depends on your particular chapter’s alumni😊 coming from someone in a sorority at utk that isn’t on this list our alumni give us countless of job opportunities and so many internships they are truly so amazing!!! So do not let this sway your decision at all (because just because they are nationally ranked well it doesent mean the specific chapter is and there may be less opportunities)

By: sorority
#3  by: Nope   

The most popular sororities nationally are KKG, Pi Phi, Theta, DDD, DG, Alpha Phi, Chi O

By: Nope
by: wtfJul 21, 2024 10:11:23 PM

Who says?

By: wtf
#4  by: this is so wrong   

This is ridiculous. By what standard is 'popularity' decided and who exactly is doing the deciding? The almighty OP I guess.

You join a particular chapter for your four years in school. This is your time and your experience right here and right now, the only experience that really matters and you'll never get it back. So find a CHAPTER home, because what sororities are like anywhere else will have nothing whatsoever to do with your college sorority life and hardly anything after that.

Nobody really cares what sorority you were in after you graduate. It won't help you get or keep a job, or get into grad school, or get voted in anywhere or have a better marriage or family life. Your chapter connections, maybe, can help you with those things, maybe, but nothing on a national level.

The national reputation thing can work against you too, because the reality is that everyone's opinion about a sorority is influenced locally, by what a certain chapter was like at their school or in their area. So in some places your great sorority is known as a bad one and you will be associated in that way. Greek life has a bad reputation in general now anyway. Putting your letters on linkedin or your resume can actually be a red flag and most don't do it after they land their first job.

By: this is so wrong
by: smartJul 12, 2024 9:55:32 AM

I dont disagree with you that how you feel in your local chapter should be a large decider, but I do think taking into account which sorority's nationals you feel connected with is important. Many join a sorority because they want to be a member of it for the rest of their life. I personally am looking forward to my time as an alum and want to be involved. Your comment reads you joined a greek org just for college, and thats fine too. But for those who want to be a member for life, then I recommend research the nationals websites, learn about them, and feel out what they offer and what you are looking for. It would just be another factor to consider, not the deciding one. I would like to also point out I do not agree with this top 5 national ranking, I do not think you can really rank the chapters nationally. Especially with UT being all very well known sororities.

By: smart
#5  by: haha   

This is so funny. No 18 year old is remotely thinking about this or diving that deep. It's not like you make a spreadsheet and pick your house, it's mostly in the hands of the sororities and they sure aren't thinking about a pnm's alum potential.

By: haha
#6  by: nope   

this is so dumb. srat reputations vary so strongly from chapter to chapter. you should absolutely pay attention to each houses rep at UTK regardless of their national rep.

By: nope
#7  by: haha   

This is hilarious. Who's making national rankings??? There is no such thing! Someone's not feeling so great about their chapter here to post this.

By: haha

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.