facebook

byx

by: Whaaaa?

So is BYX a real fraternity? Some say yes, some say no. Are they a Christian group? know their rave is alcohol free but are all their parties/mixers?

Posted By: Whaaaa?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

They're a national social fraternity but also a Christian one and the biggest in the country. They aren't part of IFC or NIC, though, but are really big at some schools. I think they've got chapters out west with like 200 members and they've been doing a lot of expansion and trying to grow in the SEC. I'm not a member, but have read up on them and know a lot of members here at UTK, where they've really grown fast. Over 100 members now in less than two years, in Fraternity Park and they take part in everything -- won Anchor Splash this year. Rave and Island Party bring in a lot of people, like over 500 each. There will always be people who put them down because they're not IFC and are a Christian group, but the ones I know are good guys and I've never seen them act holier-than-thou or judgmental. To grow like they have, they're doing something right and are a great fit for some, like another house is for others. Some people say they're a club, but they aren't. You have to rush, and if you get a bid, there's a pledgeship. They do things with sororities but everything is alcohol-free. Their national website says members 21 and over aren't banned from drinking, but only in moderation and still not at college events around underage people. For some guys rushing, that's an issue, but not for others.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.