facebook

rushing

by:    

So I am transferring spring of next year, but want to go through fall rush 2014. I looked on the website about sorority GPA requirements, rec letters, etc and it seemed fine but from comments on here it seems more competitive than the website lets on? I currently have a 3.0 (working on raising that) and can MAYBE get 1 rec letter, since I don't really know any greeks personally. Are these things going to be that big of a problem? Do I have any chances of getting in any house? I don't really want to go through it if it will just end in being dropped

Posted By: Unsure
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I can't remember exact numbers, but something like 950 girls registered for 2013 formal and about 680 pledged. MOST of the ones who didn't dropped on their own and it's usually because they don't like return invites. It's definitely competitive here. Be really open minded! There's an upperclassmen quota, meaning sororities can take a certain number of upperclassmen without it counting against the number of freshmen they bid. This can help, but sororities aren't required to use it. The rec letters come from sorority alumnae and most sororities here require at least one. Even the ones that don't require them still say they're advised, (this is from the Panhellenic site under chapter info) so try to find them to every chapter. You might know more sorority alums than you realize! A lot of people find recs through their high school teachers, neighbors, friends moms, their parents friends and co-workers, ladies they know through church, babysitting, etc. Any woman who went to a four year college might have a sorority affiliation, so start with those you know. You can also contact alumnae groups. A lot of them help with recs. You'll be rushing with a lot of freshmen with the super high GPAs, so a 3.0 will be on the lower end, but it will also be a college GPA which sororities usually aren't as strict about because college is harder. Try to get it up some, though. Good luck!

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.