facebook

which sororities favor legacies during recruitment

by:    

I've heard that some sororities will take virtually anyone who's a legacy and others don't care if someone's a legacy or not. I will be rushing next Fall and I'm a legacy to 3 UT sororities (Mom & sister from one, and 2 grandmothers from 2 different ones - none from UT)...just trying to figure out how much of an edge it might give me in each of those 3 houses. Any advice is appreciated!

Posted By: Legacy
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Which are you a legacy to?

By: Which
#2by:    

Some sororities only consider you a legacy if your mother or sister are/were in that sororitiy. Aunts and grandmothers don't count any more.

By: Meg

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

check legacy policy on national sororities' websites to see which relatives qualify you as a legacy. Some require a legacy form. Lots of legacies at UT...don't count on an edge.

By: Check
#4by:    

Being a legacy doesn't carry the weight it used to, especially at competitive schools. The reason is that there are so many legacies now that there's no way sororities can take all of them. I know legacies, even double ones, who have been dropped by their legacy houses. I also know ones who have pledged their legacy sororities! It definitely happens, but it also definitely doesn't happen, so don't count on it working to your advantage.

Let the legacy sororities know, though. The people you're a legacy through can check their national's website to see if they have a Legacy Introduction Form they can send in. Also, during recruitment, don't talk about your legacy ties when visiting non-legacy sororities. Even if they already know, talking about it might make them think a legacy sorority is where your interest is, which could get you dropped. Likewise, when visiting a legacy chapter, don't talk about your other legacy ties. This is just one of those play-it-safe things. It might sound like a no-brainer, but PNMs have done it. Good luck next year!

By: Unfortunately
#5by:    

Thanks for the great advice! My Mom & Sister are Delta Gammas (neither from UT), one of my g-mothers was a Kappa Kappa Gamma (not from UT), and my other g-mother is a Chi Omega (not from UT). I will be sure to let those sororities know and will get whatever references I can! Thanks everybody! I'm excited about next year!

By: Legacy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.