facebook

which sorority

by:    

I would like to know which sororities at utk are most involved on campus yet has a close sisterhood too? Also what do the rankings mean? If I am someone who doesn't like to drink, will sororities accept me?

Posted By: TNGirl
Page 1 of 3
#1by:    

All of them, but nice try to start more middle school drama.

By: Um
#2by:    

All sororities drink. If you don't party don't join one. You will be the awkward girl no one likes.

By: Truth
#3by:    

Uh actually I was really curious because I like to be involved and I've heard some are more involved than others and I don't know what goes into so called "rankings"

By: Tngirl
#4by:    

Rankings mean nothing. They're anonymous opinions, some promoting certain chapters or bashing others. Some are true opinions, but they vary. Low rankings can be from bitter people dropped by a group, drama trolls, or haters giving bad info just to be jerks. So, ignore rankings. Go through recruitment to form your own thoughts. Remember, all UTK sororities are big and have (or will) new houses, philanthropies, social calendars and a mix of women. Visit each one's website and Facebook page for insight into their involvement and sisterhood. Just don't pre-choose before you meet them. Reality is, sororities do the choosing, and in competitive SEC rush, you must be open minded to all. PNMs focused on select houses are at higher risk to spend bid day in their dorms.

All sororities have members who drink AND ones who don't. Some use moderation and some drink like fish. Not drinking shouldn't be an issue unless you make it one with a high and mighty, uptight, judgmental attitude. Sisterhood/involvement make good conversation in recruitment, and help sororities see your interest in them, but alcohol is a taboo subject - you won't be quizzed, but sororities WILL likely check your social media. Girls have been cut because of partying/red solo cup pix. Believe this, it's true! PNMs should show as classy ladies, not a wild child who might embarrass the house or land it on probation.

Put your best self out there and look for a comfortable fit. Good luck to you!

By: Just know
by: Ditto   

^^^^^"Just know"'s advice is excellent. Another good resource for information on the time and dollars a sorority spends on philanthropies is through the Panhellenic's website. They have a breakdown by sorority of things like mascots, mottos, GPA's, and hours/dollars spent on philanthropies. Good luck to you!

By: Ditto
#5by:    

There are sororities who participate in philanthropy events along with the ACE and Panhel events. I would say that Phi Mu, KD, DZ, AXO, And DG participate in all of them. ADPI and AOPi participate in ACE events, while Tri Delt, XO, Sigma Kappa, ZTA and Pi Phi participates in a lot of the frat philanthropy events. All of them are super involved on campus. Some of these events are really time consuming, and the freshman and sophomores carry the majority of the load. Just part of the process. This is, however, how pledge classes bond. Have fun girls!!!! It's going to be over before we all know it.

By: Involved

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#6by:    

Thanks for all of the above comments!

As far as the drinking thing, I am not one of these high and mighty types who thinks drinking is bad. I just really want a group of sisters that are involved on campus and that I can rely on and have great friendships with!

by: :)   

You should certainly be able to find this!

By: :)
by: Also   

I hope you don't think I was saying you were high and mighty about the drinking question! You didn't come across that way at all. I was just saying that's what could make it an issue for someone. Hope you have a great recruitment and love UTK!

By: Also
#7by:    

Oh no! I didn't think that at all! I was just saying that's why I don't think my not drinking would be a problem! I really appreciate the opinions ya'll have given me!! I have searched about a few of the sororities but I am also not going to go in with my heart set on one! There is one in particular that hasn't been a good representive for their sorority, but I'm going to keep an open mind!

#8by:    

Id just like to give you my opinion.

I'm a sophomore in a sorority and from just hearing around and hanging out with girls in other sororities, I'd say the ones with the closest sisterhood and most involved are DZ, AXO and KD.

Hope this helps:)

By: hi
by: Not Really   

Unless you were in every sorority on campus, you would have no clue about anyone's true sisterhood. All sororities participate in the same stuff and do the same things. Hope this helps:)

By: Not Really
#9by:    

Anyone know anything about the ZTAs. I love the philanthropy.

by: the   

ones that I know are super fun and chill. aren't too involved in their philanthropy I don't think though

By: the
by: Reply   

The ZTAs are probably one of the most involved sororities on campus as far as participation in their own philanthropy goes. As far as ranking they are middle/top of bottom. I am in a top house and have very many friends in ZTA. A few rotten apples, but mostly good girls.

By: Reply
by: Um...   

Yes they are VERY involved in their philanthropy!

By: Um...
by: Yes   

Tri delta has a wonderful history at UT

By: Yes
#10by:    

I have heard a lot of good things about Tri Delta and Delta Zeta.

By: Alice
by: Ut   

But DZ is a wonderful sorority that welcomes different girls. Tri Delt is snobby and only wants private school girls.

By: Ut
by: Ut 2   

Saying Tri Delt only wants private school girls is the same as saying DZ only wants out of state girls. troll

By: Ut 2
by: and   

Tri Delta still has a wonderful history at UT

By: and

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.