facebook

greek life

by: Shameful

I have friends who are in Greeks here and the greek life her sucks. Cannot compare it to other SEC schools.

Posted By: Shameful
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: utk   

It's a sad fact....

By: utk
#2  by: Sure   

...unless you've been a student at every SEC school, you cannot accurately state that as a fact. Stop trying to start something.

By: Sure
#3  by: Truth   

UTK Greek Life is fine. It's not as gigantic and doesn't run campus like at some SEC schools, but that isn't bad. I know girls in sororities at other SEC schools where chapters have 400 members. Those crazy numbers cause tons of problems and kill unity. They see girls on campus and don't even know if they're sisters with them. Major bucks, too. A sorority or fraternity where Greeks rule can run $15,000 a year. Oh, competitive? Sorority rush is competitive here, but worse at some others. A different SEC gamma chi told me PNMs were so scared waiting on pref invites, they were throwing up in bushes.

All UTK sororities recruited strong and have (or will) new houses worth over a million. Not sure of all fraternities, but some got big pledge classes, even though people said the house director rule would hurt. I guess not! (Might've kept certain types from rushing, tho, like ones who'd stay wasted, be stupid and get the house on probation.)

UTK Greeks have lots of philanthropy and social. It's just not in your face like it is where Greeks control campus. You don't have to feel left out if you aren't Greek at UTK, which is good because not everyone wants to be or it didn't work out. Some want it, some don't. If your Greek friends say it sucks, they can drop and others will want the spots. Maybe you would. I mean, why post if you don't care about it? If you had a bad rush, get to know Greeks who love it, fix your attitude and try again. You might have a better outcome

By: Truth
#4  by: Facts   

The greek life at UT is great. Sorority chapters are the perfect size,. You actually get to know your pledge sisters... All of them. Retention rates are good. Makes for a great greek environment and experience. UT also has a great non greek community, it truly is a school that has something for everyone.

By: Facts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.