facebook

utk chapters

by: pissed

The way I see it u have 16 chapters. The top tier's drop legacies with 4.0 student cancel and so on. The others are either party way to much or u consider misfits. With that being said it'll chapters are fake... how in the heck do drop legacy if u cry sisterhood.

Posted By: pissed
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PDM    

Got the best of you. That makes no sense

By: PDM
#2  by: To pissed...   

Everyone needs to understand that being a legacy guarantees nothing. Some chapters have so many legacies, they couldn't take them all in a quota anyways...and the whole new member class would all be legacies. Fortunately for most legacies, because their mother/sister/grandmother are AWARE of this and make sure their legacy is fully prepared for recruitment. So you need to ask yourself:

1) Is your mother/sister/grandmother a verified Member (meaning she is an inducted alumna on good standing?) Many think they are legacies when you are actually not. Every chapter verifies through their HQ whether you are an actual legacy.

2) Did you do everything to prepare for recruitment. (Send a nice registration packet, multiple recommendations, legacy form.)

3) Did you do everything possible to present yourself in the best light in recruitment?

4) Do you have anything in your social media that could be a red flag?

Being a legacy and having recs mean nothing if you have a bad reputation or your grades are not up to par. All things that your legacy connection should have prepared you for. I'm going to guess from your multiple all-lowercase-rants on this site that you may have had some problems with your online image that made you questionable. Just a guess.

And there are 13 chapters...so sounds like maybe you maybe didn't go through recruitment at all, or you would have known that.

By: To pissed...
#3  by: How it is   

All sororities drop legacies now. There are so many legacies rushing now that there's no way sororities can take all of them. Plus, your mother's sorority might not be yours. Things change over the years and really vary from school to school. It's really nice when it works out, and it still does, but a lot of alumnae and PNMs are really shocked when a legacy gets dropped. You see it all the time now, especially at really competitive schools.

By: How it is
#4  by: Facts   

Being a legacy can be a good or bad thing now-a-days. Some of the bigger national sororities have tons of legacies. My mom really wanted me to love her sorority which is the biggest nationally, and was great at her college. I just didn't like them at UT. It caused a rif between us at first, but I just knew that it wasn't one I wanted to pref. she was so hurt. I have thought about the girls who got cut by their mom's sorority, but I did the opposite. Both are hard.

By: Facts

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.