facebook

aopi's house

by:    

I am a Senior in High School and am rushing this fall. I heard a rumor about AOPI's house being flooded and that it won't be done for a while now. At Pan Preveiw I loved this sorority and this does nothing to change that opinion but I was wondering if the rumor was true or not?

Posted By: Curious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

s rumor is NOT true at all. AOPi's house was supposed to thibe done August 11 of last year, but the contractor UT hired went bankrupt so they could no longer finish the house and UT took a while to find a new contractor and during this time mold grew in the house so they had to tear it down and start over from scratch once UT got a new contractor. AOPi's house will be done this year. If you drive by it in sorority village, the outside looks almost done.

By: lacy
#2by:    

Not to mention it is the biggest house. ADPi claims to have the biggest, but they have the most living space. AOPi has the most square footage

By: lacy
by: Really   

Who cares!

By: Really
#3by:    

Their contractor did go bankrupt and it took a while for UT to approve a new one. However they did not tear it down because they couldn't afford to start all over from scratch. So now they are slowly but surely making progress. I lived in the village this past year so i watched the progress. They are moving pretty slowly, but they be done by the fall!

By: aopi
#4by:    

Their contractor did go bankrupt and it took a while for UT to approve a new one. However they did not tear it down because they couldn't afford to start all over from scratch. So now they are slowly but surely making progress. I lived in the village this past year so i watched the progress. They are moving pretty slowly, but they be done by the fall!

By: aopi
#5by:    

I drive by the village every chance I get, and the house is looking great from the outside!

By: house
#6by:    

Wow, some people will look for any opportunity to turn a constructive discussion into nothing more than nasty drivel. Nice.
To stay on topic, the AOPi house has experienced a challenge in completing construction of their house, but they are well on their way to being completed this Fall. Their house is going to be gorgeous, as are all of the houses in the Sorority Village.

By: Wow
#7by:    

"Have you heard of Pi Phi?"

Have you met one?

It goes without saying, sorority girls at UT are awesome and gorgeous, regardless of their chapter.

And I can't wait for all the houses!

By: Hm
#8by:    

There is an article in today's Knoxville News Sentinel that says more delays have happened and the AOPi house will not be completed for awhile. It says the new projected move in-date is August 2014. I'm sure this is very hard and disappointing news for AOPi. I'd encourage all PNMs to remember that a house does not make a sisterhood, and to not look at this nationally strong sorority with a great UTK chapter as less desirable because they aren't in their house...yet. They will get there. These are contractor and construction problems and not a reflection on the sorority.

By: Unfortunately...
by: Ash   

Everything said above about not to disregard a chapter because of there house is true for all PNMS the house will just be a place you go to once a week for meeting. The house will be finished by the time you have the chance to live in it so it doesnt really affect the PNM's too much anyway!

By: Ash
#9by:    

AOPi's house didn't get finished because they're terrible people. "Shame on AOPi," anyone?

By: Word

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: To Word   

I think it has already been clarified that AOPi's house not being finished is not there fault it was UT and the Contractors, especially considering they were supposed to be the first to move in last year. A house does not determine a chapter. I think the houses already built can show this.

By: To Word
#10by:    

AOPi's house will be done next year and it will be an exciting time for the newest pledge class to be the first ones to open it. I'm kind of jealous of any pledge class that will have the chance to share the experience of opening their brand new house together. With that being said, whether a chapter has a house or not, the new girls going through rush need to understand that the building that each sorority is in during rush should not have any influence whatsoever on their opinion of the chapter. Last year, only a few of the houses were used during rush and many of the PNMs let that play a role in their opinions of the sororities, only to realize once rush was over that the house ultimately doesn't matter at all. I mean, all the houses are/will be awesome, but it's about which group you fit the best in and which group you see yourself having the best sisterhood with. Everyone who is already in a sorority knows that the place where you have your meetings has virtually nothing to do with what goes on within the sorority and the friendships that are made. It's funny to think that the house is actually a factor in some girls' decision making. This past year, the freshmen quickly realized that having meetings in the house wasn't as big of a deal as they thought, and waiting for the bus to go over to the village was kind of a pain (but everyone will have to do this eventually!). With that being said, all of the houses will be finished for the next pledge classes to live in.

By: To Curious

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.