facebook

sorority recruitment

by:    

im out of state from the northeast going through recruitment at UTK. i have a 3.3 gpa. Im tall and thin and have recs for all the houses. Im involved in sports, a club, alot of volunteer activities, and im also involved in my church. will i have any trouble going through recruitment? what houses should i focus on?

Posted By: northerner
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Get ready to be one amongst many. Your GPA will be considered low. I would focus on making an impression in ALL the houses. Look at the national websites: check out what the philanthropies are and find the ones that you can connect with or that you have a special experience with. Look at the chapter websites. Get RECS! You shouldn't have trouble finding the place for you as long as you don't make prior judgements and you maximize your opportunities. Good luck!

By: Lolly
#2by:    

You'll be fine. There will be many below you in GPA.

By: Guest
#3by:    

Comment #2 is correct. Your GPA is OK. Be open to all the groups. There are great women in every group. In the end, you really don't have that much say in who offers you a bid.

By: Yeah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

Based on the info each sorority has listed on the Panhellenic site, your 3.3 is above the minimum GPA requirement to receive a bid. It sounds like you have recs covered, too. Take the advice to be opened minded, put your best self out there and you should find a home. Good luck and welcome to Big Orange Country!

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.