facebook

my questions unanswered?

by:    

Hey I posted a question a couple of weeks ago and didn't get an answer. I can't even find it with all of these posts. Well I would appreciate if someone could answer this for me.

1.) I talked to one of the chapters and they said there were pledge dues/new member dues to pay for education, materials, registration, etc. Well if I get cut from pledgeship, do I get a refund?

2.) OK I get a bid from Chapter A, Chapter B and Chapter C. On bid day, I choose to be part of Chapter A. 2 weeks later, I decide I don't want to be in chapter A and I end my pledgeship. Well could I accept the bid from Chapter B or Chapter C and catch up with the pledgeship?

3.) I heard some chapters only give bids to get their names out and some chapters give bids when they are almost certain they want this guy in their group. Well I don't want to be part of chapters who will just cut me and aren't very insincere with their bids. Could someone tell me which fraternities are like these?

Posted By: hey
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

1) I've never heard of refunds in our fraternity, so I would guess not. Maybe if you made a big deal about it you could get your $$$ back, but I would think of this as an investment; thus, it's unlikely you would want to drop anyway, after spending time with the guys you choose during rush week in the first place...

2) Depends on/is up to the chapter. If they had a huge class, and are far along in their new member process, why should they tack you on and have to work harder just because of your general indecisiveness? Then again, some chapters are desperate for numbers (both big and small), so maybe they'd be more than happy to take you. It depends.

3) Chapters will only generally cut you if you show a lack of effort/interest in their fraternity once you've joined as a new member, or if you get in major trouble or something. Though it is true that some chapters will just shotgun bids...think about which chapters could benefit from taking anyone they could, and you'll possibly have the answer as to why some frats will bid anyone.

By: answers
#2by:    

That helped a lot. Thanks.

By: hey
#3by:    

3) SigEp & PiKapp. <==no standards

By: Honor

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

^What's up. Why do you say that?

By: hey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.