facebook

Question about rush

by: Um

I heard the rush was so popular last year they had to close applications and some girls got dropped...so how come everyone was doing COB?

Is the greek life quiet here that pnms chose to drop or is it too competitive each house is looking for specific girls?

I'm wondering because I'm debating UVM and another college

Posted By: Um
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bruh   

If you're deciding between uvm and another school based off Greek life 1. Get ur priorities straight and 2. Go the the other school. Greek life has gotten bigger in recent years but is still less than 11% of the population so if ur looking for a typical big Greek experience this is not the place

By: Bruh
#2  by: Yuh   

Not every sorority did COB, AXO and piphi didn’t as they are more “selective” I guess and the other 4 sororities did do COB. They limit the amount they can take each semester so it’s normal for a lot of them to do COB

By: Yuh
by: JJMar 3, 2024 2:49:02 PM

Axo and Piphi didn't COB because they don't want to do the work of COB it's not because they're more selective or exclusive all sororities are looking for different things and are selective for different things but axo and pi phi take around the same amount of people. They also "dirty rush" and take people under the table without advertising it but it's because that's simpler than COV

By: JJ
#3  by: .   

Each sorority can only take around the same number of girls during formal recruitment, but because some of the chapters are smaller that means they still have room for more. For example if max is 100 girls per chapter and chapter A has 70 and chapter B has 40 and they both take the maximum 30 during formal, chapter B still has room for more so they will COB/spring rush.
This also explains why they had to close applications, because unless they made new rules allowing more than 100 per chapter it wouldn’t make sense to accept applications knowing a bunch of people wouldn’t get in.

By: .
#4  by: numbers   

It’s also about room capacities and numbers. Like if a certain amount of people signed up, not everyone would get into a sorority. Also they would have to find somewhere else to do recruitment since it’s in the davis center and they have room capacities

By: numbers

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.