facebook

why isn't phi society listed?

by: Mike

Are the phi society a decent fraternity? Is there a downside to joining a local? I think it is slightly awkward that they are the original phi delt chapter that gave their nationals the finger and in turn phi delt nationals went and created a new ground. So where do the old phi delt alums all? Do they support phi society or the new phi delt??

Posted By: Mike
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: hh   

Phi society isn't a real fraternity

By: hh
by: Yes they areNov 12, 2013 9:01:00 AM

Phi Society is a local fraternity and a member of UVA's IFC. It does not have nationals, but it is still a "real fraternity"

By: Yes they are
#2  by: my name is yoda   

classic phi society, trolling for attention

By: my name is yoda
by: uh,what?Nov 7, 2013 3:29:12 PM

Valid question. Stop being weird.

By: uh,what?
#3  by: I'm not in phi    

Society. It's a valid question. Why are they considered irrelevant if they held their line and told their nationals to F off so they can keep their traditions and values?

By: I'm not in phi
#4  by: Read the site   

information, local groups don't have ranking pages. They can get discussed, but they aren't listed because they're local.

By: Read the site
#5  by: In response   

Phi Society is a great fraternity and is one of the better ones at UVA. While Phi Delt did reestablish a colony at UVA, Phi Society still maintains all of the original Phi Delt alumns as well as the original composites. The conversion from Phi Delt to Phi Society was almost unanimously support by the alumni and it is the same house and same traditions as the original Phi Delt, so the alumni come to and donate to Phi Society, not Phi Delt.

By: In response
by: kkgNov 14, 2013 3:00:43 AM

Newsflash: no one considers Phi Society to be one of the "better" fraternities.

By: kkg
by: anonNov 14, 2013 4:12:57 PM

Newsflash kkg: no one cares what you think. girls (not you obviously) will still go to phi society and have a good time because phi society throws fun parties and is indeed one of the better fraternities.
- sincerely, another girl in the greek system

By: anon
by: What is Nov 14, 2013 6:25:15 PM

Krappakrappagramma?

By: What is
by: TruthNov 17, 2013 10:52:59 PM

It's mid-tier at best.

By: Truth
by: bebeDec 19, 2023 5:46:07 AM

"one of the better ones at UVA"?

They're socially awkward social climbing wannabes...and that's being generous!

By: bebe
#6  by: guys    

Interesting

By: guys
#7  by: y   

they are in a weird place right now because they lost about half there 2022 pledge class due to hazing and then had a very small class last year. Pretty small group right now.

By: y
#8  by: bbb   

Lol they suck…

By: bbb
#9  by: lmao   

lol don’t rush there they don’t do anything. just go to a diff low mid frat

By: lmao
#10  by: ?   

they had like 9 pledges last semester and all of them were weird

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.