facebook

who to rush

by:    

I’ll be coming to UNR this semester. I see a lot of talk about the IFC and the IIFC. I don’t know much about the difference. Would anyone be able to tell me? And tell me who I should be rushing?

Posted By: IFC or IIFC
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

First of all, rush who you want to, don't listen to greek rank. Second, the IIFC is a group of Chapters that chose to not sign the university and are considered "off-campus". The IFC chapters are ones who signed with the school and stayed affiliated.

What that means.

The Off-Campus chapters cannot have socials with sororities or participate in homecoming, greek week, anchor splash, etc...

Now there are pros and cons to either.

IFC Pros
Can do stuff with sororities. Three(four if you count AEPI) of the chapters have actual houses if that matters to you, and we can do more stuff on campus.

Cons, there are more rules and some of them kind of suck. Some of the chapters are smaller but it doesn't really matter.

IIFC Pros
Less regulation can kind of do what they want. Three of them are considered part of the former big 6 but numbers go up and down.

Cons, ATO is the only one to have a house, dues can be more expensive, can't do stuff with sororities. Can't really do philanthropy tournaments as themselves, have to go under a different name.

All in all, we are all greek. Find a house you like, rush them. It is all about who you connect with.

By: Try both
by: Eh   

Mostly correct but some inaccuracies. KA and theta chi have houses. IIFC fraternities still have socials, Just not reported to the school. Also, The only other IFC fraternities with houses are Phi Delt and TKE. IIFC is definitely preferred by most

By: Eh
#2by:    

Sigep is IFC again dog

By: Sigep
#3by:    

Haha Theta Chi took AEPi’s House. Who woulda thought that would happen lol

By: Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Huh   

Why is that funny?

By: Huh
#4by:    

I would check them both out and see which guys you best fit with. If you do it that way, you’ll have a great experience in either place.

By: B

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.