facebook

sorority stereotypes/rush norms

by: rushee

so i want to rush next year as a freshman.... i'm wondering now judgmental sororities are (overweight girls, minorities) and how much that plays a part in becoming a sorority member. i'm also wondering what the dress code would be for the days of rush.. formal/semi formal/casual depending on the day?

Posted By: rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: GO greek!   

definitely rush! they will not judge you on appearance and if they do, why would you want them anyways. just show your amazing personality and you'll do great! they very open and welcoming. as far as dress goes every day gets a bit fancier. Sisterhood is cute casual, philanthropy is more dressy, and pref is dressy. they give you a heads up along with a powerpoint and Pinterest boards to give you ideas on how to dress!

By: GO greek!
#2  by: lolz   

Don't fret! AOPi will take you if you're overweight and a minority!

By: lolz
by: judge notDec 1, 2017 8:47:06 PM

lest ye be judged.

By: judge not
by: AndDec 2, 2017 10:18:03 AM

So will DG

By: And
#3  by: educate yourself   

Grades are an important factor. A house wants to know you can balance being 'sorority active' while still making great grades.

Each group has their own private purposes and policies for membership and initiation, which you will be made aware of during pledgeship.

Check out the social media for each home if you doubt you will 'fit in'. There is more to life than looks.

By: educate yourself
by: what?Dec 2, 2017 10:16:37 AM

Nobody cares about grades? Come on! If you are hot, you will get into a top house. If you aren't you will be a DG or AOPi.

By: what?
by: gradesDec 3, 2017 9:11:27 PM

grades are big factor. if you don’t have a good gpa you WILL be dropped from everyone except aopi

By: grades

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.