facebook

Rushing as a sophomore- easier or harder?

by: soon to be pnm

I’ll be rushing as a sophomore this fall, as excited as I am, I’m also really nervous because I’ve heard mixed things about the process. I have a 3.3 college GPA; was a super involved overachiever in HS but haven’t gotten as involved as I’d like to so far in college.

I’ve heard of sophomores having a perfect rush and receiving a bid from their top house because of sophomore quota, but I’ve also heard of cases where girls were cut from several houses from the very start. being on campus for a year I have an idea of which sororities I like, but I don’t want to get disappointed. If any sophomores who rushed could share their experience and what to expect, if sophomore quota really boosts chances, etc, lmk!!

Posted By: soon to be pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UHHH   

tbh you can go almost anywhere its so hard for us to cut girls that are sophomores panhellenic makes it near impossible. so even if ur getting invited back really try to see what girls are so excited to see u. we have a soph in our new pc that everyone voted the lowest score on but somehow ended up here

By: UHHH
#2  by: out of state   

i rushed this year as a sophomore, and i honestly had the best experience!
it was a lot easier to talk to the girls too because we were the same age (for the most part), so that made for a good conversation starter to begin with.
everyone was really sweet at every house i went to, and i like to think i had a really good rush bc of it, quota or no quota (they CAN still cut u!).
i wouldn’t be too fixated on the houses u think you like, definitely in go open minded & figure out where you feel like you vibe w the girls the most!

By: out of state
#3  by: house   

The one good thing about rushing as a sophomore is your friends can get you in any house you want. I know a girl who had such low grades in HS she wasn't even qualified for rush but sophomore year her friend got her in a "top" house so goes to show you it's who you know not what you know

By: house

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.