facebook

top house with best tradition?

by: freshmen

Ok so im going to be a freshman here in the fall. I've pretty much heard from everyone that Pi Kapp, Kappa Sig, SAE, and Sigma pi are the best houses. But I don't want to join one that's just going to lose their chapter after I graduate or after I pledge. Which of the 'top-tier' houses have the longest history and best traditions at CU?

Posted By: freshmen
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: here   

are the CU founding dates of the top houses:

pi kapp -1991
sig pi - 1998
kappa sig - 1916
sae - 1891

sae has been on campus the longest but has moved around a lot. sig pi is the newest of the big four but also arguably have the best house. ksig is the only fraternity that owns their chapter house and probably the most consistent. pi kapp has done well for the short time they have been at cu and get big pledge classes year after year. all these houses are a good option if you can get in, i would suggest going to all of them and seeing where you fit the best.

By: here
by: wellJul 26, 2013 7:39:40 PM

-pi kapp will be losing their house after you finish your first year at boulder.
-sae actually just lost their house was forced to move into a pretty basic house on the hill that probably doesnt fit more than 7 people.
-sig pi was on social probation all of last year and you can see the effects of that by the strange kids in their most recent pledge classes.

Given sae and pi kapp losing houses there is going to be a transition in who people consider the top 4. id suggest rushing a few other houses. check out kappa sig for sure. sig pi if you want. then id also suggest sig nu (been at cu the longest, they own an entire block of houses) and chi psi (hazing death in 2000's but probably nicest house on hill, which they own)

By: well
by: ^Jul 31, 2013 2:51:42 PM

Pi Kapp already has a backup house they're moving to, so that's misleading to say.

By: ^
#2  by: Transition   

Stay on the north side of the hill.
Kappa Sig. Sig Nu and Phi Psi

By: Transition
#3  by: katie   

I'm pretty sure he was asking for houses with the best tradition. Since when is killing one of your pledges considered having a glorious history? I haven't met a single cool chi psi either, all try hard weirdos who troll this site 24/7. The theta xi's are about as goofy a group as you can get, but join them if you don't want to get laid, ever. The only houses that matter on this campus are the big 4 and if you dont think so you're probably mad you couldn't get a bid. nuff said

By: katie
#4  by: Dorn   

SAE, Kappa Sig, Pi Kapp, and Sigma Pi are the big four and will be the big four for a while. True that SAE just lost their house but they are a very large chapter and have pretty strong alumni, Kappa Sig also has a very strong alumni base and is almost guaranteed they will be there for a while. Sigma Pi was actually founded in 1984 and rechartered in 1998, they had trouble last year because of probation but dont they are going to come back this year at full force, they have the members, the money, the house and the tradition to do so. Pi kapp is also been pretty strong but idk what the deal with their house is after next year, i know they are losing it to another fraternity but idk where they are planning to move.

By: Dorn
by: headygreekAug 1, 2013 9:17:36 PM

I think Phi Kappa Tau owns the house Pi Kapp's at at they're moving back on campus or something. Anyone know how phi kapp was before they got the boot?

By: headygreek
by: ^Aug 2, 2013 1:02:07 PM

Phi Kappa Tau is Phi Tau, not Phi Kapp. There are two other fraternities that go by Phi Kapp.

By: ^
#5  by: best    

sae just lost their house but they are awesome cali kids who will make the best of their situation and im sure still have awesome parties in individual houses.

sigma pi was on social probation last year but they are off this year and off to a good start. a lot of the guys have some awesome things planned that should bring them back up to the top. joining this house this year would be a good move. and i don't know what people are talking about the sig pi freshmen class is really chill nice good looking guys. and their formals are always the most wild and fun.

kappa sig would also be a good pick they have a great junior pledge class and the upcoming sophomore pledge class has some good looking down to earth guys as well.

pi kappa might be loosing their house. they're keeping in super on the down low but that would be a bit of a risk to join that house this semester even though im sure like sae they will figure out a way to make it work. this a group of fun womanizers from colorado mostly.

By: best
by: hahahaAug 11, 2013 11:55:12 AM

sae is finished. they wont be able to recruit top guys without a decent house. might as well be a skateboarding club now

By: hahaha
#6  by: ForRushees   

SAE - Cali guys, lost their house
Sigma Pi - Awesome house and guys
Pi Kapp - Just got on probation for potentially the rest of the semester
Kappa Sig - Still have their house, kinda douchey.

By: ForRushees

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.