facebook

please stop hating on other organizations

by: member

As a sorority member, many of the comments on this page fail to grasp what the true reason to join a sorority should be. I did not join Greek life to be surrounded by the “hottest” girls on campus, I joined to have kind, interesting, and unique women supporting me throughout my time at UChicago. Rankers, please stop trying to force UChicago Greek Life to become something it never has been and shouldn’t become. One of the best parts of our Greek community has been that it judges women on their accomplishments, not their appearance and social status. Knocking a sorority for accepting members who you would judge as “less than attractive” is horrifying to hear. At UChicago, you would think other things would be more important. To new members, please ignore everything you hear on this site and see who you connect with best during recruitment. Lastly, if you think some sorority has a superior social status to the others, think again…we have four sororities and every one offers something different and so much more than their stereotype. The sad fact of online sites like this is that five people or less can form a new member’s opinion of an organization before she has even had a chance to evaluate it for herself…and honestly in all likelihood these five people making their opinions so loud on an online platform are jealous members of another organization trying to bring the competition down.

Posted By: member
Post Reply Report

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.