facebook

schedule

by: ///

What happens at the pre recruitment and meet the greek events? And then what happens each day of formal rush?

Posted By: ///
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: gogreek   

The Pre-Recruitment and Meet the Greek events are just an opportunity to talk to girls in each sorority before going through formal recruitment! It is a great opportunity for those who are skeptical about going through recruitment. It is also helps to understand what recruitment will be like!

Recruitment is 3 days: Philanthropy, Skit and Preference/Bid day! Typically, each night the conversations get more serious - really the sororities are trying to let girls get to know their chapter and the new girls can get a feel for the dynamic of each sorority.

Hope this helps! Feel free to contact the Panhellenic council with questions!

By: gogreek
#2  by: Question   

Pref and bid day are the same day?

By: Question
by: uchigreekSep 26, 2015 6:19:35 PM

Yes. Pref will happen in the morning and midday and then there's a break. If you don't get called back to any sororities you get a call at this time. If you don't get a call you go back in the evening to get your bid.

By: uchigreek
#3  by: Another question   

Is it hard to get a bid considering how few sororities there are?

By: Another question
by: uchigreekSep 28, 2015 11:35:02 PM

As more women at UChicago take interest in Greek life the recruitment process becomes more competitive for PNMS. Panhel does set a minimum (and I think maximum) for the amount of girls each sorority must take, each organization chooses a Pledge class in between those parameters. I mention this because one of the factors that goes into minimum PC size is how many girls are rushing. That being said, it is definitely more difficult to get a Bid now than it was a few years ago. Last year the minimum PC size was around 40 i think, it probably won't be much more than that this year although chapter do take more.

By: uchigreek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.