facebook

gpa

by:    

I'm thinking of rushing in the fall for sororities as a second year, but I'm worried that my GPA might be too low. Does anyone know what the cutoffs are for each sorority, or the minimum GPA that is needed in general?

Posted By: wondering
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

2.5 is minimum. But generally if you're below the all women's gpa (~3.1) it could hurt you. That doesn't mean you wont get a bid though. You should definitely still rush if you're above the minimum! :)

By: well

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: major   

Thanks for the info! But would your major have any influence on how they look at your GPA? I'll be honest and say I'm not doing the best in what some would consider an "easier" major (non-STEM).

By: major
by: well   

I think that varies by chapter but it might still hurt you just a little less than if you werent stem. A lot of greek women are actually stem majors as well and are expected to be above that so they'll expect the same of their new members. But really, it varies by chapter how much it will affect you, how much you click with the girls in the chapter is generally the most important thing. Just make sure you go in with an open mind on where you can end up and try not to take it personally if you get cut from your favorite. Every chapter is full of amazing women :)

By: well
#2by:    

If you don't mind me asking OP, what is your GPA and what area is your major in?

By: k
by: Major   

3.00 in a social science. Not too hot haha

By: Major
by: grades matter    

Although a 3.0 isn't stellar it shouldn't hurt your chances too much, its maybe a small thorn in your side but definitely not a huge hindrance.

But do consider that why we look at gpa is because we want high achieving women, knowing that often some of our new members gpas can drop their first quarter due to the new commitments they have made.

By: grades matter

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.