facebook

got a call saying that I didn't get a bid

by: rejected

this is for a sorority. just letting people know --- maybe if you haven't gotten a call from your rho ghamma yet you may have gotten a bid! not to get anyone's hopes up

Posted By: rejected
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: :(   

So sorry this was your experience :( It really is a numbers game sometimes. You don't have to answer this, but do you mind sharing which chapters you went to?

By: :(
by: rejected Oct 13, 2020 3:01:40 PM

kkg and another one!
I only preffed the former.

By: rejected
#2  by: .   

I’m sorry about this experience. It truly is sometimes a number/algorithm game and by no means does not receiving a bid mean that a certain chapter didn’t like you. Don’t let this affect your experience, I’m sure you have many amazing qualities.

By: .
#3  by: Hi   

I just want to let you know the same thing happened to me last year and I was really put down and upset, but kept an open mind and did COB and now I can't imagine life any other way! Keep your head up and remeber the chapter is losing out on an amazing person, not the other way around ❤ i highly reccomend COB !!!!

By: Hi
by: OPOct 13, 2020 8:10:06 PM

aw thank you so much and thank you to other people for your kind comments. was it awkward going through COB with the same chapters that didn't give you a bid?

By: OP
by: HiOct 13, 2020 8:27:42 PM

Not awkward at all! You get to know more people in the chapter and form a bit of a deeper connection which makes it 10x more comfortable. My cob expirience was wayyyyyy better than my formal expirience :)

by: OPOct 13, 2020 8:35:18 PM

if you mind sharing which chapter did you cob/which chapters usually cob? do you think there would be less of a chance since this year there were so many more people going through recruitment?

By: OP
by: HiOct 14, 2020 2:57:49 AM

I did COB for theta and AOII, but I know axo, pi phi, and chi o also did COB :)

#4  by: :(   

The ranking system is really unfair at UCSD, usually there’s about 50 girls who get invited to Pref and even if a sorority wanted all 50 girls and all 50 girls wanted them back, they can only get 20-30 because they want all chapters to be the same size. Most chapters will be doing COB this year though and it’s probably cheaper to join winter anyways! Maybe things won’t be online then too!

By: :(
by: queenOct 15, 2020 9:10:44 PM

things will most def be online in winter, and sororities will be doing fall cob too.

By: queen
by: ?Oct 15, 2020 10:00:49 PM

fall cob like right now? which sororities are?

By: ?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.