facebook

to the current sorority members, pls answer

by: triton

to current sorority members, what is cob and why do chapters do it? what is it like and which sororities would possibly go through it winter quarter?

Posted By: triton
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: happyhelper   

Cob is continuous open bidding. Some chapters choose to participate if they are below their chapter total number, but it is not required for all chapters to participate. the sororities who participate differ every year, but I know that phirho/tridelt/aephi are common

By: happyhelper
by: happyhelperOct 12, 2020 7:37:15 PM

it is a lot more informal and is shorter than formal recruitment

By: happyhelper
by: yesOct 12, 2020 7:41:26 PM

pi phi did it last year too,but I think usually chapters like aphi and kkg don't

By: yes
by: tritonOct 12, 2020 7:42:22 PM

is it the total number of girls in their chapter or the number of girls in each year?

By: triton
#2  by: pnm   

Are you allow to participate in multiple chapters cob?

By: pnm
by: :)Oct 12, 2020 10:06:12 PM

yes! you can talk to as many chapters as you want during cob but their events might conflict and usually chapters are only looking to pick up 1 or 2 more girls

By: :)
#3  by: reply   

Essentially COB happens when enough new members/actives drop so probably more based off of total chapter number. I've seen Sigma kappa do winter recruitment but COB is much quieter, little to no advertising, etc.

By: reply
by: pnmOct 12, 2020 11:38:39 PM

what time of year does it usually happen?

by: answerOct 12, 2020 11:51:38 PM

COB can happen any quarter after fall, up to the numbers

By: answer
by: pnmOct 13, 2020 1:53:46 AM

like which months do they happen though?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.