facebook

rush week red flags?

by:    

As somebody preparing to rush next quarter,
Any tips or red flags to avoid when talking to actives during rush week’s events?

Posted By: Geedbro
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Just be yourself. Don’t fake it, otherwise you may end up somewhere that isn’t a good fit for you. Focus on finding a group of guys you really click with.

Also unless IFC or the University says otherwise, assume rush is happening. Do not listen to anyone on this site because half of them are ill informed.

By: An active
#2by:    

ifc rush is 100% not happening

By: active
#3by:    

spring rush is still happening ... it’s just going to be more lowkey

By: lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

the RELEVANT fraternities will not be doing rush because it's dangerous and any frats that do rush will look stupid, irresponsible and desperate. even if it'll be more lowkey, there won't be any bid parties, i parties, formals, initiation events will be smaller, there literally is no point to participate in rush or even host rush this year when there isn't even a summerfest. if you care more about frats than your own health that's embarassing.

By: active
by: Oof   

You seem to be making an awful lot of assumptions about the inner workings of many of the fraternities. I would recommend only saying things that you know for a fact, as many of the things you describe as not happening can be done safely and with precaution. Yes parties will most likely not happen, but we, or at least I, joined for the brotherhood aspect, and that can still exist, regardless of how many social events there are. Robbing people of the opportunity to join your organization because the parties and social scene won’t be as lit as they could be feels irresponsible.

That being said, stay safe everyone, take all of the necessary precautions. We can get through this together as a community.

By: Oof
by: Lol   

I guess tke and snu are irrelevant then because they’re hosting invite-only rush

By: Lol
by: Alpha 133   

All of this is fake news. As a sigma nu, I can confirm we are having spring rush exclusively on zoom.

By: Alpha 133
#5by:    

From the IFC president:
To the IFC Community, My name is Nick Lee and I am the current President of the Interfraternity Council at UC San Diego. I am informing you of the measures that the executive board has discussed with advisors to create a space for all members of the community to be safe and healthy in these times. We ask that you carefully read through these decisions and encourage your peers to understand them, keeping in mind that we are working to work with the current status of the University, whose strong recommendations will be lasting at least through the university-provided date of May 10th ●We strongly encourage you to reach out to your nationals, for recommendations and how to proceed in this trying time, potential online training/modules provided by your own nationals to keep up with your new member processes ●RECRUITMENT PERIOD ○2 week long process, Friday Week 1 (April 3) - Friday Week 3 (April 17) ○The event “Meet the Fraternities” info night will no longer be taking place ○Boothing spots will be open March 30, March 31, April 1, April 6, April 7 from 8am-5pm. If you would like these spots and decide to opt into recruitment, reach out to Girish Senthil, first come first serve ●OPTING IN/OUT OF RECRUITMENT ○Opting out of Spring Recruitment requires you to submit an email to VP Recruitment Girish Senthil (ifcrecruitment@ucsd.edu) and IFC President Nick Lee (ifcpresident@ucsd.edu) no later than 11:59PM next Friday, March 20. Give your chapter name and state that you will not be recruiting Spring 2020 ○Opting into Spring Recruitment requires no further action, you do not need to notify anyone if you will be participating in Spring 2020 ●BID CARDS ○Printed out and placed in your chapter mailboxes on the 3rd floor of PC by Monday Week 2 (April 6) @5pm by VP Recruitment, Girish Senthil. If the bid cards are available sooner, he will communicate with your recruitment chairs. As soon as they are available, they can begin being handed out ○Photo receipt of the bid cards must be turned in by the end of the recruitment period of Friday Week 3 (April 17) @11:59PM, no exceptions. This can take the form of a picture of the signed bid card, scanned copy of the signed bid card, PDF document of the signed bid card, etc. ○Chapter presidents will be responsible for compiling a list of the names of all members that were offered a bid, regardless of whether or not they are signing with your chapter, in one single email with all info attached. This list must be emailed in to Chloe (cmleal@ucsd.edu) and CC’d to VP Recruitment Girish Senthil (ifcrecruitment@ucsd.edu) and IFC President Nick Lee (ifcpresident@ucsd.edu) no later than 11:59PM on Wednesday Week 3 (April 15).
Chapter presidents will be responsible for submitting a list of the names of all members that accepted a bid and are now your chapter’s “new members.” This list must be emailed into Chloe (cmleal@ucsd.edu) and CC’d to VP Recruitment Girish Senthil (ifcrecruitment@ucsd.edu) and IFC

By: Ifc part1

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.