facebook

rushing as a third year?(sororities)

by: jdhsd

Would rushing as a third year really lower my chances of getting a bid? I'm currently a second year, and as much as i'd loveee to rush this coming fall, I feel like with my financial troubles I should wait a little while longer to save up money at least. I noticed some top houses/mid houses did give out bids to third years but it seemed really minimal compared to the freshmen and second years that god bids :/ any input would help!

Posted By: jdhsd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: frat   

well obviously i cant totally say because im in a fraternity and not a sorority, but i met plenty of girls last year that were third years that had just joined their respective sorority (this included both top and mid houses). Of course freshman and sophs are given a little bit of favor because houses feel like there is more time to shape them and get involvement from those students as they have 3 or 4 years remaining; but it certainly does not mean that they only look for the younger ones. In fact a lot of times chapters like getting a good amount of third years, because third years are usually more mature and can make a difference within the chapter immediately. So i wouldn't be too worried about your chances of getting a bid in your third year rather than your second. Hell I even see seniors who get taken all the time.

By: frat
#2  by: ~   

It doesn't really affect your chances. I joined as a third year and so did a lot of other girls I know. There were even seniors that rushed and got in places! If it did affect it then all transfers would be singled out. So no, you're good :)

By: ~
#3  by: yo   

Definitely not! a ton of transfers and 3rd years got bids for top houses this year, so no it does not affect your chances. don't be discouraged and go for it! :)

By: yo
#4  by: SigSelfRank   

Def rush! It is never too late. We had a few people rush their fourth year even.
I hope to see you around next year!

By: SigSelfRank
#5  by: yea this   

just rush

By: yea this
#6  by: YES   

Do ittttt! It doesn't hurt to just try it out :)

By: YES

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.