facebook

is it true?

by:    

I was reading on the UCSD confessions page that some girls don't get bids from any sororities at all, is that true? And if so, how often does it happen? I'd like to think that will not happen to me but just the fact that it could worries me a little...

Posted By: Anxious
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

If you go through formal recruitment in the fall, you are a guaranteed a bid unless you break some rules and get kicked out. You could also not get one if you go through informal recruitment in the winter or spring. I'd recommend directing any questions or concerns to the Panhellenic VP of Recruitment (her email is on the ucsd panhellenic website) rather than posting them here to ensure you are actually getting correct responses! She should be more than happy to address your concerns :) GL in recruitment!

By: maybe
#2by:    

I would not worry about it! Every girl i have ever met during recruitment, I could see in some sorority

By: dont worry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

actually yes it is possible. Didn't personally happen to me, but there is such a thing as getting cross-cut. happened to my good friend. Pretty much means that the sororities you wanted to be invited back to, didn't invite you back :/ usually, that means you automatically get invited back by another sorority that you probably did not rank as one of your top choices. however, when the sorority that you didn't rank high enough has already invited back the number of girls they are allowed to and that also ranked them higher, they don't have room to invite back girls that didnt rank them high enough..hence being cross-cut. It sucks, but you can go to informal recruitment..which only a few sororities do. Or wait until the next year.

THIS IS SUPER RARE THOUGH! happened to I think 10 girls, out of 500 (or something close to that).
you'll probably be fine :) good luck!

By: yes
#4by:    

just be make sure to click to with whatever sorority you are most interested in to make sure they invite you back. Its not as crazy as everyone makes it out to be, you will be fine!

By: heeyyy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.