facebook

transfers rushing

by:    

Do transfers stand a good chance when rushing? I'm considering Greek life but I'm unsure about it

Posted By: Ugvjyv
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Hey dude, the short answer is yes. I'm a transfer and I rushed my fall quarter and got 2 bids. I had another transfer friend who rushed his spring quarter first year transfer and also got a bid. We both transferred out in 2 years so unless you wait until your last year at UCSD to rush you should be fine. The only times I've seen transfers having a hard time getting a bid was when they were over 21 because fraternities do want guys who can come out to events where a lot of the people are much younger than them and help the chapter improve. As a transfer you are kinda pressed on time so if you do choose to rush it will have to be this year if you're planning on graduating in 2 years. Hope that helps.

By: Don't worry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

You didn't specify if you meant sorority or frat so in case you're a girl:

There are a ton of transfers at ucsd and it's super common to rush as a junior. Your age doesn't really come up if you don't bring it up so as long as you don't look 40 it probably won't hurt you if you're a few years older than normal. If you're going to take more than 2 years here definitely mention that, it'll help you. Every chapter takes juniors so you'd have other juniors in your pledge class to bond with.

By: Sorority

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.