facebook

hazing

by:    

I heard hazing is really bad at UCSD and now I feel like not rushing. I've heard multiple stories from different people and I doubt I'll find the true answer here, but I know that a no hazing policy is signed but I heard the sororities blackmail people to sign them and still continue to haze. Is this true? I feel like in 2017 I wouldn't expect it but then again you never know.. thanks...

Posted By: skepticalgirl100
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

untrue. panhellenic sororities do not haze, period. it's totally illegal, too, so don't worry. The only "hazing" sororities will do is spoil you rotten with gifts during your new member period and big little week. can't speak for the multicultural sororities or fraternities though (one of them got probation for getting caught hazing, not sure when they're allowed to come back)

By: nope

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Skepticalgirl100   

Which sororities or fraternities are the multicultural ones?

By: Skepticalgirl100
by: Different council    

You dont have to worry about them. They are governed by a different council (mgc) so they don't participate in formal recruitment in the fall since that's a panhellenic (phc) thing. Honestly you never really see them around except for when they table on library walk or during greek week. Other than that if you say you're in a sorority, talk about greek life, or talk about recruitment, its 100% assumed youre refering to phc sororities.

By: Different council
#2by:    

Not true at all for phc sororities. The terrible rumors about hazing stem from the multicultural sororities and those rumors are super old. Idk of they're even still true. Definitely don't worry about hazing. Chapters get shut down for hazing and nobody would want to risk it. If you join a chapter and feel like youre being hazed you can talk to the chapter president, local alums, or nationals and they will all try to put a stop to it.

By: Nope!
#3by:    

Only MGC frats and sororities haze. IFC and PHC are super safe and don't haze at all.

By: fratlivesmatter

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.