facebook

gpa cutoff for recruitment

by:    

I'm planning on rushing a sorority this fall as a second year. I was wondering what is about the average GPA cutoff for each sorority & if GPA makes a big difference during recruitment. I didn't do so well my first year and ended w a 2.981..would this hurt my chances during recruitment

Posted By: grades
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

typically chapters like to see higher gpas but while it definitely doesn't help your chances it might not completely disqualify you. if a chapter really likes you then sometimes they can let your grades slide but chapters with higher average gpas or those who are trying to raise their average may not let it go. it really just depends on the chapter and how well you make yourself stand out otherwise!!!

By: hi
by: ...   

would you happen to know/get a sense of which chapters have strict/high gpa reqs?? ones that "may not let it slide" thanks!

By: ...
by: look at the other post   

i would say the top 3 phc sororities with the highest gpas would cut based on grades so latest being xo, theta and tri delta

By: look at the other post
#2by:    

is recommended for someone with not so high gpa to wait a year to raise their gpa and rush the next year or to just rush this year?

By: wait

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

So heres the thing, chapters keep the way they recruit secret in every way and that includes gpa cuts. So everyone only really knows their own chapters requirements and anything past that is speculation. I will say though that your gpa is above alpha phis average gpa so, again i can only speculate, but you at least might have a backup plan if everyone else does cut you for grades.

By: Welp
by: thanks   

yeaa that makes sense! thanks for clarifying things! do you think i should still rush this year or wait a year to raise my gpa

By: thanks
#4by:    

(dif anon) what if my gpa's like a 3.25? do you know off the top of your head if that would disqualify me from some other sororities? should i be aiming to have a GPA higher than their average? thanks!!!

By: scared now
by: nah   

You should be fine. I dont think anyone cuts for grades that high. Keep in mind the average chapter gpa is just an average, they have girl under it too.

By: nah
#5by:    

I'm in a chapter with a high average GPA and our cutoff during recruitment is 2.75. Don't worry about grades- yes it's important, but there is so much more that chapters are interested in than just GPA. Just focus on finding a house you click with, everything else will work itself out!

By: Don't worry

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.