facebook

rushing as a 4th year

by:    

I've previously rushed as a 3rd year but dropped out before bid day due to an issue at home. Now as a 4th year (this being my last year) I really want to rush, but I am afraid that due to the fact that this is my last year, sororities will not even want to give me a bid because I'll be graduating. I've always wanted to be in a sorority, but I don't want the fact that I'm graduating to be the reason as to why I wouldn't get a bid/get a bid from a sorority I can see myself in. Any tips as to rush week? Especially as a 4th year? Thanks:)

Posted By: 4th year
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I feel like you have the highest chance of getting into a chapter you fit best with. 4th years are typically free so you literally have zero competition. (Keep in mind if there are a ton of seniors rushing this could change but typically they are free.) And my biggest tip to everyone rushing is to keep an open mind to every single chapter because if you are getting invites back its because they really see something in you and think you would fit in well with their chapter. Sororities are trained recruiters and pick up on things you might not pick up on. Also keep in mind you are only meeting a handful of girls in each chapter so if you dont personally feel like you click with who you talk to, but they keep inviting you back, there are probably girls in the chapter they think you'd love and fit in with even though you arent personally meeting them (usually due to class conflicts).

By: Hi

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

go aphi they accept everybody

By: aphi
#3by:    

Another 4th year here considering to rush, but again, I too am worried that most sororities won't want us because it is our last year. Please dispel the rumors someone :/

By: another 4th year
by: .   

Hi's response is accurate. There isnt much more to say.

By: .

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.