facebook

Chapters who typically take spring girls

by:    

what sororities typically take girls in the spring? trying to weigh my options!!!

Posted By: ??!
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Hi! It depends on whether or not a chapter has availability and chooses to extend bids. Typically this fall, girls in the new pc might drop before initiation or girls already initiated drop allowing sororities to be eligible for COB, but a lot of the times those sororities will choose to not COB.

The sororities that typically COB are Alpha Xi, SK, Theta, Kappa, and Tri Sig, and they openly have events to talk to members.

Some sororities that have COB in the past but dont broadcast it are GPHI, Pi Phi, ZTA, DZ, DG, and AOII which essentially means they gives out few bids and they are selective of the girls they extend bids to. Gphi took in 4 cobs last spring, but all of those girls were connected to a member. Same goes for ZTA two years ago. DZ used to COB frequently but stopped last year. So the chances of the sororities above cobing are slim!

But dont worry bc the sororities that typically COB are amazing! Alpha xi is more southern with a mix of parting and churchy girls. SK is more out of state, think northeast, with a bunch of social and partying girls! Both sororities are very laid back but fun!

Theta and Kappas are a mixed group of girls but they are kind and sweet girls that are not your typical sorority girls! They are super outgoing and I have met some girls that are incredibly smart and sisterhood oriented!

Tri Sig typically COBs year round, and they are an awesome group of girls :)!

Good luck with COB! Some of my closests friends COB their sororities and loved it!

By: Rushyy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Spot on   

As a girl who did COB for AOPI i can say it was a great decision to trust the COB process! The only sororities that I know of doing COB currently are Tri Sig, SK and some GPhi snap bids

By: Spot on
by: Wrong AOpi    

The only sorority COBing currently is Tri Sigma- this is coming directly of the Panhellenic website. I don’t think SK COB’d after this rush because they didn’t COB last fall and I think there’s no way that Gphi offered snap bids because they went over quota. Do you know what snap bids are?

If you are looking to COB and have the most options you will need to wait until spring. But start by making friends who are current members.

By: Wrong AOpi
by: uhhhm   

only sorority that is doing COB is tri sig. sk and gphi went over quota. snap bidding is when a chapter reaches out to a girl on bidday that withdrew from formal recruitment and extended a bid to her. sk had a few snap bids but i doubt that both chapters will cob until spring.

By: uhhhm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.