facebook

Best Sororities at Auburn

by:    

The best sorority is the one you feel fits best with what you are looking for. Each sorority has its own unique personality — keep an open mind throughout recruitment and trust the process. While all can and I’m sure will be debated, below is some unbiased insight.

If you want a highly academic, traditional and heavy Christian focused sorority check out Alpha Gam, Chi O, Alpha Chi

If legacy status and perceived socio-economic standing is important to you give KD a look.

If you are cute, have good grades and want to get involved on campus look at ADPi, DDD, AOPi

If the only committee your really interested in is the pretty committee and you love to cut loose and party then look at at Phi Mu, Zeta, Pi Phi, SK, G Phi

If you are looking for a sorority that values sisterhood over the number of social media followers you have and you want to get involved while still having fun check out DG, AZD, DZ, KKG, Theta

And if you want the opportunity to get involved and help shape a newer sorority look at SSS. \n\n\n\n\n

Posted By: Reality
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

I find it very rude that you say the “pretty committee” only cares about being pretty and partying. I am in one of those listed and I have friends in pretty much all of the ones you listed, and I can tell you they we care about our grades, career and making Auburn a great place.

By: Auburn girl
#2by:    

While I TOTALLY 100% agree that the best sorority is the one that best fits you, I do feel like this post is still a little snarky about some of the sororities. Go in with an open mind and you will find your place!

By: Eh
#3by:    

Soooo not unbiased! Your description of my sorority does not apply to me!!
Each chapter is filled with amazing young women.

By: Seriously
#4by:    

There are great girls in all sororities at Auburn and everyone has smart girls, partiers and involved girls. However, I agree that these are the stereotypes. Some really want super involved girls and some really want pretty partiers and some want girls from certain zip codes. That’s just how it is.

By: Auburn srat girl
by: adding   

I would add that if you compared lists of the PNMs on the radar, the houses that are listed together here would have the same names on them. AGD, ChiO and AXO looking for overachievers who are popular, PhiMu, ZTA, PiPhi, GPhi and SK looking for party girls who have a certain look, ADPi, DDD and AOPi looking for smart, involved, chill girls etc…. I know that when I went through recruitment I was most interested in the groups looking for the same type.

By: adding
by: @adding   

I think you might be on the wrong Greekrank school if you really think Agd is fishing in the same PNM pool as Xo and Alpha chi. Likewise for Adpi with DDD and Aopi( laughable). More accurate to say AGd and adpi. Y’all really try to trick the PNM with this sorcery?

By: @adding
#5by:    

Pretty accurate give or take a few.

By: Zzzz
#6by:    

PSA! You can be in a sorority that has pretty girls and likes to party (which every sorority at Auburn has this because we’re college students not senior citizens) and still care about your grades, and your sisterhood, and philanthropic service. The wording of this post was super biased against girls in “party sororities” as if all we do is stare at our reflection and take shots. Get over yourself please.

By: Pretty committee
#7by:    

Your first two sentences were spot on. You could have left it at that and had a great post. Every sorority is full of the type of people you described. And you don’t have to be in a new sorority to shape how it is. You can impact at of them you are in.

By: All sororities…
by: True   

This is accurate

By: True
#8by:    

Clearly someone jealous of the party sororities.. trying to make it sound like all they care about are looks..while it’s true they are known for having pretty girls and a lot of fun.. they are also involved with good grades too.

By: Rogue
#9by:    

While your correct on the faith based sororities you completely missed on so called party sororities. I’m in one of the “party” sororities and made deans list, involved in 2 other groups on campus and have met the most amazing girls in my pledge class who will be my forever sisters. Bars are open every night in Auburn you don’t need to join a sorority if you just want to party.

By: DW
#10by:    

Delta gamma is challenging the tired old status quo….They have/have recently had the head cheerleader, a homecoming court attendant, 2 War Eagle girls, and have consistently won 4-5 of the 18 awards given at Panhellenic Convocations over the past 3 years, the most of any chapter! They are consistently top 5 grades….(The past 3 presidents, plus others, are in med school.) They had the Most Ideal Greek woman this year! They are really smart, pretty, genuine, and yes, they have a great sisterhood! Delta Gamma is coming on STRONG!

By: PS

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.