facebook

Dress Code for rush

by:    

I know Panhellenic uses suggested outfits for rush but can someone tell me if girls will be judged by their outfits? I’ve heard Auburn is more conservative than most SEC schools. Like are spaghetti straps ok? Does the length of the dress matter that much? Or do the clothes not really matter...

Posted By: Class of 25
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

It is more on the conservative side but spaghetti straps should be fine as long as it’s not low cut or revealing. Just don’t look like your going out on the town for a night, think church or wedding shower attire. No cut outs or showing your stomach for rush, save that look for later.

By: War Eagle 22
#2by:    

The Pinterest boards give you an idea to how nice you need to dress for each round so definitely look at them for inspiration. You’re not going to be judged off of your outfit. Just know that sorority rush is more like a job interview. So keep interview dress code in mind. (Ex: not too short of a skirt/shorts, no cleavage, no midriff showing, etc) if you have to question if something is too revealing then prob don’t wear it

By: :)
#3by:    

Check out Pinterest.

By: Alum
#4by:    

You will be judged by your outfits, some sororities want girls that only wear designer brands and some could care less...but best advise is to wear clothes that fit YOUR style, most important think to remember about recruitment is be yourself because you want to end up in a house with girls that are like you!

By: ...

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

I do think to a certain extent you will be judged by your outfits but dress how you normally do and don't try to be somebody you're not and you'll find your place.

By: Well
#6by:    

is rush at auburn really stressful and difficult? I'm from out of state and I just saw the U of Alabama doc that came out and I'm getting kinda nervous lol. I could really use some advice.

By: emm
by: GTFO   

You're a troll. That show hasn't been released as of the date of your post.

By: GTFO
#7by:    

Think cute galentines or Easter brunch with friends! There is a balance to it! If I wore a dress that had a little cleavage it had thicker straps and a little more length, if I had spaghetti straps then it would be less cleavage to balance it out you know?

By: Cute
#8by:    

Clothes definitely matter. They want girls who look put together. The Pinterest is a good guide. Pick clothes which are flattering on you. I would avoid sleeveless dresses or dresses which show a lot of cleavage. Other than that, just pick things you think are cute! Focus on being put together (hair, makeup, accessories)

By: .
by: Yes!!!   

Great advice. It’s not so much what label as much as it’s the appropriateness of the outfit and how it looks on you. Look at the Pinterest page and try to find old recruitment Instagram posts from Auburn Panhellenic to see what former PNMs wore. Think cute and classy when choosing your outfits.

By: Yes!!!
by: Kind Of   

Disagree with the sleeveless. It's hot. I wouldn't do spaghetti straps but think sleeveless is fine.

By: Kind Of
#9by:    

Clothes definitely matter. They want girls who look put together. The Pinterest is a good guide. Pick clothes which are flattering on you. I would avoid sleeveless dresses or dresses which show a lot of cleavage. Other than that, just pick things you think are cute! Focus on being put together (hair, makeup, accessories)

By: .
#10by:    

Clothes matter to a certain extent but they won't be checking your labels. Pick things that make you fill comfortable and confident and show your personality.
Avoid spaghetti straps, cleavage, super low backs and anything super short.
Use the Pinterest for inspo but don't think you have to buy crazy expensive things or all new clothes. If you have some dresses you love already that are appropriate, go for it!

By: Kind Of

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.