facebook

just wondering

by: Out of stater

Can someone list the reputations of the sororities showing the differences in them? they all seem pretty similar from what I have read so far, but is there anything specific they are each known for? Just curious. And also, which sororities usually accept out of staters that are not from the south? I only have a few people I could get letters of rec from. Thanks!

Posted By: Out of stater
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: honestly   

it's hard to say specific things chapters are known for, because with each chapter having 200+ girls you're going to have a lot of different types of people. just because you get in a chapter that's known for "partying" or "grades" doesn't mean EVERYONE is going to be that way; as for being out of state, most sororities take out of state girls, so you shouldn't be concerned. just be yourself and have a good time, and you'll find the fit for you, i promise!

By: honestly
#2  by: au   

Sororities at Auburn are super diverse! And there are tons if out of state girls, so don't be too concerned. Alpha Gam and KD have a bit of a rep for taking less out of state girls, but of course there are still lots of girls in both from outside Alabama! Theta, Gamma Phi, and DZ are sororities that come to mind that have a lot of out of state girls, but just relax! Everyone ends up where they need to be!

By: au
#3  by: missme   

Your recs don't need to come from alums in Alabama or who went to Auburn. Wherever you live, there are alums. A Gamma Gamma Gamma alumna from California can write a rec to the Gamma Gamma Gamma chapter at Auburn.

GET RECS

By: missme

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.