facebook

do cousins carry weight as legacies

by: sally

my cousin is in a sorority wondering if it will impact my rush experience i put her and her chapter down for greek life affiliations when i registered

Posted By: sally
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: nope   

Won't do a thing. Cousins do not give legacy status and even if you were an actual legacy it would not really mean anything unless the member were from the chapter here. If your cousin was in a sorority here that would help you in that chapter for the personal connection but not legacy. I don't know why the affiliation question is still on the form because nobody cares.

By: nope
#2  by: tbh   

if ur cousin is in a chapter here at uf then it does carry some weight IF they think ur a good fit. my chapter has pledged lots of girls whose cousin was also a member, not just here but also at schools our chapter is strong at.

lots of pnms come in with a bunch of org affiliations from family members, it won’t impact your rush unless your family member reallyyy wants you to pledge their house AND has the connections for it (active member or involved $$$ alum)

but i fs would not expect a bid just bc your cousin is in a certain sorority. some chapters don’t even do members the courtesy of inviting a member’s little sister to sisterhood, much less bid them

By: tbh
#3  by: legacy   

most chapters don’t care at all for legacy and rec letters- i was dropped round one by my aunt’s house and my cousins house as well.

By: legacy
by: nopeJul 29, 2024 10:14:55 AM

Aunts and cousins don't give legacy status to a pnm anyway.

By: nope
#4  by: Rushy   

If your cousin is promoting you within the chapter it can help you but it’s basically the same as if it were a friend. One person alone won’t be able to get you in.

By: Rushy
#5  by: zero   

A cousin in a chapter at some other school means absolutely zero. She might be able to write your rec for you though, a lot of nationals allow actives from other chapters to write recs for a pnm rushing at a different school.

By: zero
#6  by: Legacy    

Unfortunately Legacy status doesn’t hold much weight. Even if your mother went to UF

By: Legacy
#7  by: Yup   

legacy status isn’t even a factor. Be prepared

By: Yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.