facebook

sorority rush

by:    

how do you up your chances of getting a bid during sorority recruitment?

Posted By: class of 18
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Be yourself and look your best.
Letters of Rec dont really seem to make a difference unless you are a legacy...but seems they just will not drop you as fast, but no means are a guarantee into any sorority as far as I could tell....good luck!!!!

By: Advice
#2by:    

Spot on with the rec comment. Chapters don’t even read them!

By: Ur hoggestion
#3by:    

Some trolls are giving bad advice here. Letters of rec matter to chapters and can help you; plus recs have nothing to do with legacy, they are two completely different things. Lots of pnm's get their recs, so if you don't have one for a chapter and they are deciding among pnm's to ask back and all things are equal, having the rec can be the tie-breaker. Having a rec shows us that you are interested in our chapter and that you care enough to go to the trouble of getting one. Do we examine them in detail and compare them in depth? No, but we read over them and note which pnm's are recommended and which are not. Are they a guarantee of anything? No. But recs can up your chances.

By: Recs!
by: help   

so we should just ask any alumna to write us a rec letter even if we dont know them?

By: help
by: Yup   

Yes, if you have to. Usually what happens is that she will want to meet you in person for coffee or something and go over your resume and she will make a few calls around and do some googling to check you out before she recommends. Everybody knows somebody who knows somebody. There are some chapters here that can't offer a bid without a rec and this is how it gets done.

By: Yup
by: thanks!   

okay thanks! and does a letter of rec even matter if it is from someone in a completely different university from a completely different state? thanks again

By: thanks!
by: ^   

Yes. Happens that way all the time. A rec is a rec.

By: ^
by: thank youuu so much   

thanks so much for your help!!!!

By: thank youuu so much
#4by:    

But you should be able to get a bid from SK, phi mu, Gamma, alpha phi, Axo and kappa. All the bottom tiers houses are your best bet. All desperate !

By: No Guarantee

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: May be true    

I am in Phi mu and I love it. I preferred at a middke and another bottom tier house. Say what you want about Phi mu. Most of us choose Phi mu.

By: May be true
by: Wow   

These houses do make cuts during recruitment and have lots of pnm's submitting recs to them. You sound concerned about competition. Focus on your own house if you're so worried.

By: Wow
#5by:    

Girls end up getting a bid some where . It may just be just a bottom tier house, I rushed my freshman year . I dropped out before preffed as I only got invited back to Kappa . My friend got bid to Adpi , Kd. And Tri delt, I was crushed. My room mate was in Kd. I rushed again as a sophomore and preffed at Zta, Dg xo. I wa sure I was going to get a bid to Dg. I cried when I got my bid to xo. All the friends I had in the top tier houses did not pan out. End of story, I love Xo! It was the best thing that happpenef to me. Please do not get caught up in the tier thing. You will end up where you are suppose to be.

By: Most

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.