facebook

houses

by: asd

This might be a dumb question so im embracing for the comments haha. I was just wondering why URI couldnt give the old TEP house to a frat now who doesnt have a house on campus?

Posted By: asd
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

While the property is URI's, the structure is likely owned by a group from the fraternity (most have a House Corporation of alumni that manage the property locally). They would have involvement in what becomes of the house.

Also, that house was a run down dump even when members lived there. It is beyond renovating, it would need to be razed and another facility built in its place. A group would either have to have the money to build, or qualify for financing (unlikely right now), or URI could build there and rent/lease (which they have never done).

By: Well
by: wellMay 16, 2015 6:05:26 AM

Well URI actually has purchased greek property and razed it or renovated for new buildings. One of the international houses, TI tech I thinks the name, used to be SAEs before they got kicked off. The Alumni center is where sigma chis house used to be. The womens center was a fraternity house. And the office of undergrade admissions was Theta Chis house.

So URI could try and buy the property. I doubt they will settle with keeping a run down unused building on their campus.

By: well
by: wellMay 16, 2015 6:50:18 AM

not sure why absolutely was censored, lol.

And if the university wants to buy the property, but the house corporation is dragging their feet, that can explain why a decrepit building is still sitting in the middle of campus.

By: well
by: HoneybunchMay 16, 2015 6:30:37 PM

I think absoluteLy was censored because the o was missing so the read $L\/T

By: Honeybunch
#2  by: or   

they set a fire in it before they were kicked off

By: or

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.