facebook

ok

by:    

can someone explain to me why everyone hates on chi omega and phi sig sig? everyone i've met from those 2 chapters are down to earth, not sure why there's so much hate in the greek community

Posted By: ok
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Because those houses have undeserved OLD reps that some people cling to. Insecure people need to put others down to feel better about themselves. The girls I know in Chi O and Phi Sig are pretty, fun, smart, and involved in their houses and on campus.

By: B
#2by:    

I don't really know anyone in PhiSig but they seem like nice girls. I know a couple of girls pledging Chi O, their pledge class are all pretty, down to earth girls that could have gone to other sororities and gotten bids. They love their other pledges and sisters because they are really chill and funny and not fake backstabbers. The hate Chi O gets from some reeks seems really undeserved based on the girls I know.

By: Odk
#3by:    

Both houses have a lot going for them. People like to assume that girls only want to join "top" houses. Some girls would rather pick sisters based on actual friendship and sorority values, and not who parties with top frats or is hottest. Anyways, neither house is "bottom".

By: Tru
#4by:    

Phi Sig Sig gets way more heat and unfortunately they are still bottom. They are nice girls, they just haven't done much to up their game. Chio has changed a lot just in the last two years. Maybe bottom of the middle tier, but still solid middle tier IMO.

By: Ccccc
#5by:    

Girls in Chi O used to get a lot of hate for bidding to practically anybody but they have upped their game in the past few years and now only bid out to the girls that are up to their standards. Girls in PhiSig used to get a lot of hate for being overweight and awkward, but the girls that I have met from there recently have not been either of those two things. I think both of those houses are severely underrated for what its worth. All of those old rumors are the only things keeping them down.

By: mhm
#6by:    

Chi O became more selective in recent years, and as a result, their social status has improved. Phi sig still can't shake off their old rep and it's sad.

By: true
#7by:    

It's because they are not as hot as the other sororities. It's as simple as that. If anyone says anything different they're lying. People are shallow and it sucks but this is the world we live in.

By: Frat
by: ^^   

You just demonstrated everything that is wrong with stereotypical frat culture. That in the eyes of some, your worth as a woman is reduced to your looks.

I'm not in Phi Sig or Chi Omega (though you'd probably consider me to be in a bottom house, by your standards). I know girls in both houses. Both houses have VERY pretty girls.

I'd rather be a member of a diverse, well rounded, and fun group of women that I sincerely like, than a stepford clone who was chosen because I was skinny enough or had the "right" hair/clothes/makeup for guys like you to find me up to their standards.

By: ^^
by: Hausj   

Yesssss^^. I'm also not in these houses but have girls I LOVE in both of them. Looks shouldn't determine rank, there is so much more to go into it. It is clear that these are bottom teir solely because they aren't the best looking, it is clear that sororities like alpha phi are "declining" solely because they aren't as pretty as they used to be. That is BS.

By: Hausj
by: Yas   

The only reason that's "the world we live in" is because people like you accept and perpetuate that women's physical appearance is the most important thing about her. I hope someday you have a daughter, so you can experience what kind of pressure women of all ages feel to live up to society's standards.

By: Yas
#8by:    

There are girls in EVERY house at URI that are beautiful and that are def not. Seriously, some top tier girls just look pretty because of the makeup they have caked on, and the girls standing next to them.

By: up

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#9by:    

All of those reps are from the past. and the above poster talking about how they aren't as hot as the other sororities is (unfortunately) right. It's honestly horrible that us girls in bottom and middle houses always have to worry about our appearances. Not a sister of Phi Sig Sig or Chi O but I can vouch that those girls are pretty INSIDE and out. Our greek community shouldn't be discriminating like that.

By: sad/true
by: Frat   

Thank you. That is what I meant ^. Was not trying to put them down in any way.

By: Frat
#10by:    

Definitely not deserved. Both houses are continuing to grow. Phi Sig gets the most heat but the newer girls I know in it are a lot better than their older PCs. Chi o doesn't really get too much heat anymore

By: yea

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.