facebook

is it just me or..?

by: Fraternity Guy

Sorority gals have not been going nearly as hard at socials as they did last year. I feel like every sorority from top to bottom is less fun this year for some mysterious reason. Opinions?

Posted By: Fraternity Guy
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Agreed   

Same here. It's pretty wack. I wonder what changed.

By: Agreed
#2  by: ya   

Yeah I can definitely see this

By: ya
#3  by: Not the same   

That's what I was thinking myself.

By: Not the same
#4  by: Yes   

Agreed

By: Yes
#5  by: Yee   

It's because they had been getting in trouble with nationals so often and so many of them everyone's been tamer at least for now until the heats off

By: Yee
#6  by: Forreal   

This is te TRUTH!

By: Forreal
#7  by: yep   

Nearly every sorority on campus has been in trouble with their nationals or the university in the past couple of years. Most of them know they are being watched closely. Hazing and partying aren't worth losing their charter, at least to most of them.

By: yep
#8  by: Hi   

I scroll through this website every now and then and am going to rush next semester in a sorority but serious question, how do nationals find out if you guys had fun or "went hard" at a social on a weekend? Like can't you guys just keep that a secret from them and not have them find out and just keep doing what you have been doing in the past?

By: Hi
by: SeriousApr 1, 2015 7:07:10 AM

Well, if you're at a party on campus or down the line and the cops come (or in the past, sometimes the director of greek life has shown up on campus), the police report gets sent to your nationals by the university. That's why greeks are taking their letters off their cars. Cops see letters, it goes in the report.

Most if not all nationals don't condone off campus house parties or parties in frat houses (and URI is a dry campus anyways, so automatically you're screwed for that). They want parties held at actual venues, with security, etc. And they will go through your houses financials, check up on social media, or come surprise and interview members if they have suspicions.

By: Serious
by: ^^^Apr 1, 2015 10:07:51 AM

Above poster on point. You lie, you get caught, you're done. Most of us would rather rage less and keep their chapter on campus.

By: ^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.